Coming up on 38 Weeks

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Twins08, Jul 24, 2008.

1. Twins08

Twins08 Well-Known Member

Wow, I'm still having a great pregnancy, but I'm in shock that my body is STILL going strong. :rolleyes:

My ticker is off - I'm actually 38 weeks on Monday!!! This is getting so hilarious. I thought I'd have these twins LONG ago. The people at my dh's work are joking and laughing saying they wonder if he's even married, LOL!!!

I know it can be any day now, but I was kind of hoping not to have to be induced. I do not want to go past 39 weeks, and I could easily make that. So, it looks like we have to schedule an induction or c-section next week. Ughh! I'll have an U/S to get an estimate on their sizes and positions. I hope they will both be head down!!! Then we'll decide what to do from there. I so want a vag delivery!!!

Anyway, I feel as though I'm the only one on the board that is close to 38 weeks and STILL preggo with twins. LOL!!! It's nuts!

2. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

your in the home strech for sure :)
    we were induced at 38 weeks and 4 days.
    of course when we found out it was twins my ob said i would not make it to 37 weeks :rolleyes:
    great job cookin those babies. consider your self luck that you were able to carrie them so far along.
    cant wait to hear your birth story :D

3. twins225

twins225 Well-Known Member

agreed...you are so lucky to have made it this long. but i can imagine your discomfort at this point. i was 36.5 weeks when my water broke. at that point, i was absolutely huge and could literally barely walk. i had gained almost 80lbs. it really was miserable...thank goodness they came when they did. i am sure your babies will be a good size and healthy, since you have obviously done a great job so far. congrats and best wishes for a smooth delivery!

4. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Great job making it this far!! My twins were born at 37 weeks 5 days.

5. mariakjor

mariakjor Well-Known Member

Way to go!!! 38 weeks is so awesome. The longer they stay inside, the stronger they'll be when they are born... better feeders, everything. So you are doing great!!

But I feel for you. You must be miserable. The end is definitely in sight though. You can do it!! I'm 35 weeks on Monday and my docs want to schedule the c-section for 38 weeks (both babies are breech). I just can't imagine making it another 3 weeks...but I'll try.

Hang in there and take care.

-maria
    35 wks with b/b twins

6. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: for making it this far! You are almost done Momma!!! :Clap: I know it's uncomfortable and it seems like you've been pregnant FOREVER, but there is an end in sight. :hug99:

7. Shoshana

Shoshana Well-Known Member

I was so worried throughout my pregnancy that I would go early. I never went into labor on my own and finally had a section at 39 1/2 weeks! (Baby A was double footling breech.) I also felt like I was the last one still pregnant on this board! My babies were nice and big and slept and ate great! Good luck!