Coming Home Outfits for babies

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by misslily, May 27, 2009.

1. misslily

misslily New Member

I know I need to pack "coming home outfits" for my twins (due in July), but what should I bring. Pajamas? Onesies? Little pants and tops? I'm pretty sure they'll need hats and socks too - right?
    I'm sure I sound silly that I don't know what they should wear - but these are my first children so any suggestions are much appreciated.

2. shlbifish

shlbifish Well-Known Member

Well, we bought a onesie outfit with matching pants. They usually get a little hat in the hospital, but it will be summer when they are born, so I have no idea if that'll be too hot!

My issue with going home outfits is size. I thought for sure I'd need preemie size but after yesterdays U/S where they are 6 and 7 lbs, I feel like we need another option. We had a 'newborn' outfit for my DS and even though he was 8 lbs, he was swimming in his going home outfit.

What are you guys thinking?

3. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

I packed one going home outfit for the girls and that's it. The hospital supplied t-shirts and hats for them and had them swaddled. We just brought them home in pajamas but you might want to pack an actual outfit if you plan on having the hospital take pictures.

4. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I just brought sleepers for them. I'm not into frou-frou stuff and it would have seemed really silly to me to put fancy outfits on two 6-lb babies just to take pictures of them and then bring them home in the car. Besides, I was busy panicking about being a mother of twins -- what to dress them in was not really on my radar!

I did wish I had some preemie sleepers, though. My twins were full term and 6 lbs isn't that small for twins, but they just disappeared inside the newborn-size sleepers. :D They didn't really grow into 0-3 month sizes until 6 weeks or so.

The nurses will probably put hats on them, but in July (in the Northern Hemisphere ;) ) you don't really need them. They don't need socks.

5. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

I prefer one piece sleepers because it avoids the whole belly button area so I made kimono style sleepers for the boys to come home in. They're not fancy, but the fabric I used is super soft.

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

My girls came home in December so we had these little bear suits that were kind of like one piece sleepers with a hood. They were so cute! :wub:

7. dutree123

dutree123 Well-Known Member

I have the cute comfy cotton onesies (kenneth cole,calvin klein,baby gap) I will pack one set of 0-3 mths and one set of premie..just to be on the safe side. Also I will have the socks and hats as well as the mitts packed (just in case) For me I will take 2-3 nursing pj's a pack of cotton comfy underwear that covers my belly (so stiches can heal w/no irritation..that's if c-section is needed) a pack of pads, toothbrush~~~~~~~~I just noticed that this post is for what the babies would be wearing home. :rolleyes: I will also pack my own camera to take my own pictures. :blush:

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

You can do whatever you want, they are easy to dress at that age. :lol: I brought mine home in little outfits. :wub: The outfits came with a hat and had feeties attached. :good:

9. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

DS was 5 lb. 9 oz. when he was born and I brought a NB sized sleeper...it was so huge he ended up just coming home in a diaper and the little hospital shirt and hat with a blanket. I had to go out and buy a handful of preemie sized outfits for those first few weeks. Not a lot, but he needed SOMETHING to wear! (And by outfits, I mean mainly pj's/sleepers...). So, this time around I'm just packing Preemie sleepers for the girls. I figure that they will be in the 5-6 pound range, so NB will probably be too big...

10. scorpion509

scorpion509 Well-Known Member

My son was born in August and he was 7lb9oz and he dissapear in the 0-3 months little me sleeper.
    so for these babies I bought premiee size sleepers and newborn one
    this one I bought for boy
    http://i20.ebayimg.com/03/i/001/2c/1d/98d2_1.JPG
    and this one for girl
    http://app4.sellersourcebook.com/users/100...e_girls_029.jpg

and even with our son we put the hat on and blanket. so for twins each sleeper has matching hat and blanket.
    we need to drive them home so I will put hat on and cover then with blanket in the car.
    and if I remember small babies cannot maintain the temperature very well so they need to be dress more warm then ourself.

11. Double Vision

Double Vision Well-Known Member

I just picked up two outfits for our girls. They are pink and brown. They have a short sleeve shirt, a long sleeve button shirt and little footed pants. So cute!