Comedy of errors!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by geaemama, May 5, 2007.

1. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

Well, my husband has a new position where he works. It was a lateral promotion. What that pretty much means is he gets a better job, is bumped to salery - but there is no change in base pay - i.e. they work him as much as they want but they no longer pay him overtime.

Well, for the past three weeks he has been working 6-7 days a week. I wouldn't mind it if it meant he would bring home more money - but he doesn't.

Today - the twins are fighting off a cold. I got the bright idea that I would take the older two out looking for morel mushrooms (OOHHHH I love them) We went out for a couple of hours and found nothing. The twins were great - I put them both in the front packs and carried them around. The older two got tired. I missed breakfast (kids had cereal). WE got home at about 1:30 and I made the kids lunch while I fed the twins. By this time, the older two are fighting like starving dogs over a piece of meat. I sent them outside - then the babies start screaming. I clean the sweet potatoes off of them and start trying to nurse them. They refuse to nurse together - so Ellie has to scream while I nurse Allie. Then, the other scenario happens - Allie screams while I nurse Ellie. The kids are beating at the door the entire time. I turn into this screaming woman saying, "It is beautiful out side, stop screaming at the door and go play!"

Now Ellie is asleep. It is 4:00 by now and all I had to eat was one slice of bacon and one strawberry. I try to scrounge for food. I make myself a microwave bowl of soup. I sit down with my soup - Allison grabs it and spills it all over herself and me. After cleaning her and me up (it wasn't all that hot so no one got burned) I decided to just grab a fudge round. By now Ellie is screaming. I have to start dinner (a turkey!). I pull out the oven bag and get the turkey ready to put in the bag. Ellie and Allie are BOTH screaming now. With the bag - the turkey should only take 2 hours. I put the turkey in the bag and lift to put in the roaster. BAM, turkey rips the bag and hits the floor. Now, our cat is standing nearby and she pounces on the turkey!

NOW, I have a turkey with cat saliva, two screaming babies, my older kids still beating on the door - and no more turkey bags! It is going to take 4-5 hours to cook without the bag! I am so done. I want a glass - no - a bottle of wine!

I had to just put the twins on the floor and shoot this out before Ilost my sanity! Ugh - I wish my husband were here to help (and I wish that fudge round hadn't made my stomach feel like crap)!

Angel

2. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

I hate to laugh but that is too funny hahahah (well the bit about the turkey slaver ).. hopefully tomorrow goes better for you, gotta love those lateral promotions

amanda

3. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

Well after what I thought was a rough day for me........whoooo, you have me beat girl!!!! :D I hope your day gets better and thanks for making mine look like a walk in the park.

4. geaemama

geaemama Well-Known Member

QUOTE(j&jtwins @ May 5 2007, 08:31 PM) [snapback]244918[/snapback]
    I hate to laugh but that is too funny hahahah (well the bit about the turkey slaver ).. hopefully tomorrow goes better for you, gotta love those lateral promotions
    amanda

I have to laugh myself! The entire thing just cracks me up - expecially the entire turkey experience! I have never seen that fat cat move so fast!

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

:laughing: Days like those you HAVE to laugh, or you will cry! Hope tomorrow goes a little smoother! :hug99:

6. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

:icon_eek: :icon_eek: :icon_eek: :80: :80: :80: Wow! Now that's a crazy day!! I'm so sorry your dh is not around to help you. Must be incredibly hard, exhausting and frustrating. I bow down to you. I would have lost my mind but you held it together! YOU ROCK MAMA!!!

7. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

If it's not already....I promise that will all seem hilariously funny at some point in the near future! you are a trooper...and you gave us all a good laugh!

Reyna

8. natmarie

natmarie Well-Known Member

What a wild day! Many hugs to you! :hug99: I hope your day gets better! I agree with Becky, those days you just have to laugh!

9. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Um... :lol: I have had days like that!!