Class schedules came out today...

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by sharongl, Aug 18, 2014.

1. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

...and I think we dodged a bullet!  When the list came out this morning, Jon's LA teacher was the one teacher that I did not want him to have--for a number of reasons.  I was trying to figure out how to deal with it--call right away, wait until the open house on Wed. or let it ride for the first few weeks until his 504 conference. So, I log on to look at something a bit later, and notice that the teacher changed.  Instead of the person I didn't want, the teacher is a new teacher, just hired.  My concern with the first teacher is that she tends to be lazy and I was afraid she wouldn't push Jon in the one subject that he really needs to be pushed in because it is is weakest subject.  The new teacher may or may not be good, but at least I can hope that she will be able to motivate him, where I knew the other one wouldn't even try.

2. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

Glad it worked out for you.  I hope the new teacher is a good fit for him.

1 person likes this.
  3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Sharon, I am glad it worked out for you!  I hope both boys have a great school year!

1 person likes this.
  4. sharongl

And we are now on teacher #3.  This one I do know, and she has been the resource room teacher for many years...

5. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I can't believe it keeps on changing.  

I'm still waiting to find out my girls teachers.

6. sharongl

Lisa, I spoke to the Principal today, and the changes were due to teachers not having the full certification that she thought they had, so she had to do some juggling.  Funny, when I spoke to her, she did mention that many had the same concerns about teacher #1 that I had.