Circumcision Correction

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by serranoboys, Jul 17, 2008.

1. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

We had our 12 month WBV and everything looks great but as the pedi was addressing the diaper area he began to give me instructions on how to pull back the foreskin and all these other tips for parents of in-tact boys. Problem is...they're both circumcised! All this time, he's assumed that they were not! He was so shocked by the amount of skin still left behind. I've always been concerned as well and everyone who's ever changed their diaper asks "why didn't you circumcise them?". Now, I don't want to start a heated debate and yes I know there are no medical reasons for having this done. But I am somewhat considering having it corrected. Please don't flame me. I'm not asking for opinions, just advice from those who have experienced the procedure past the newborn phase. Thanks in advance :D !

Larami

2. MissyEby

MissyEby Well-Known Member

QUOTE(serranoboys @ Jul 17 2008, 06:31 PM) [snapback]882200[/snapback]
    We had our 12 month WBV and everything looks great but as the pedi was addressing the diaper area he began to give me instructions on how to pull back the foreskin and all these other tips for parents of in-tact boys. Problem is...they're both circumcised! All this time, he's assumed that they were not! He was so shocked by the amount of skin still left behind. I've always been concerned as well and everyone who's ever changed their diaper asks "why didn't you circumcise them?". Now, I don't want to start a heated debate and yes I know there are no medical reasons for having this done. But I am somewhat considering having it corrected. Please don't flame me. I'm not asking for opinions, just advice from those who have experienced the procedure past the newborn phase. Thanks in advance :D !

Larami

We are facing the same thing here with one of our guys

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug99: My brother was unable to be circ'd when he was an infant. He had it at 2 years old. Forgive me because I was only 12 at the time, but from what I heard it was quite painful at 2. Dressings were changed in the tub. I'm not going to 'sugar-coat' it. The aftercare will be more difficult than at birth. :hug99: I don't know any other details though of the procedure.

4. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

One of my guys had to have it done after leaving the hospital. I don't think the dr. did a good job cause he also has a lot of skin left that you have to pull back (and he rarely lets us do that!). I have mentioned to his dad about getting it done again cause I don't want him to have vanity issues when he is older. I understand your feelings, let me know what you decide, cause we are on the fence.

5. rensejk

rensejk Well-Known Member

My nephew had to have his circ. re-done when he was around 2 and I don't remember it being a super big deal. I think they did put him under for it though. I'll have to ask my sister for more details.

6. jakeandpeytonsmommy

QUOTE(JenniferTwinMomMinneapolis @ Jul 17 2008, 10:50 PM) [snapback]882228[/snapback]
    My nephew had to have his circ. re-done when he was around 2 and I don't remember it being a super big deal. I think they did put him under for it though. I'll have to ask my sister for more details.

Please do, as Peyton is 3!

7. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

Our pedi remarked that the Dr. who circ'd our boys "left a lot of skin" on their weenies...I do occasionally have to pull the extra skin back and remove lint/cotton stuff from the diapers. Keep in mind that as their penises grow, the skin will stretch, so maybe having to re-circ won't be necessary. I hate to ask and I can't think of a better way to do it, but have you seen their penises during an erection? Is there still a great deal of skin at the top or does it look more like a circumsized penis? Just something to consider. I would also get a 2nd opinion if you do seriously consider having it corrected.

If there's an upside to being a girl, it's not having to deal with THAT! :D

8. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

OMG!! Me too!!! I am taking them to the Urologist on Weds cuz I think they'll have to have SURGERY!! UGH. They'll have to be put under and everything!! My boys' grew back too! ShOOT!

I will NOT redo it IF it's going to correct itself and NOT cause any problems later in life. I will do it in a second if the Urologist says it will. SOOO SAD!

Make a Urology appt asap. I'll go through it with you. Soo sad isn't it?? And, of course, they're ID so they both have to have it!! UGH!

9. serranoboys

QUOTE(benderboys @ Jul 17 2008, 11:33 PM) [snapback]882265[/snapback]
    Our pedi remarked that the Dr. who circ'd our boys "left a lot of skin" on their weenies...I do occasionally have to pull the extra skin back and remove lint/cotton stuff from the diapers. Keep in mind that as their penises grow, the skin will stretch, so maybe having to re-circ won't be necessary. I hate to ask and I can't think of a better way to do it, but have you seen their penises during an erection? Is there still a great deal of skin at the top or does it look more like a circumsized penis? Just something to consider. I would also get a 2nd opinion if you do seriously consider having it corrected.

If there's an upside to being a girl, it's not having to deal with THAT! :D

Even during an erection you can only see a tiny piece of the actual head of the penis - still looks uncircumcised :(

QUOTE(ivfbound078 @ Jul 18 2008, 12:55 AM) [snapback]882366[/snapback]
    OMG!! Me too!!! I am taking them to the Urologist on Weds cuz I think they'll have to have SURGERY!! UGH. They'll have to be put under and everything!! My boys' grew back too! ShOOT!

I will NOT redo it IF it's going to correct itself and NOT cause any problems later in life. I will do it in a second if the Urologist says it will. SOOO SAD!

Make a Urology appt asap. I'll go through it with you. Soo sad isn't it?? And, of course, they're ID so they both have to have it!! UGH!

I feel the same way. Part of me is secretly hoping the urologist will say we definitely need to do it. I'm going to feel guilty either way, so I think I'm just going to go with my gut and have it done. I'm terrified! Keep me posted on what you guys end up doing and yes, we'll work through it together.

10. kristy horner

kristy horner Well-Known Member

OMGosh, I'm feeling for you! I would do the same thing if Griff had this problem, so I understand. I'd want it to be done, but hate to make the decision for having it done, KWIM?? Hugs...hugs...it's not your fault, tho that doesn't make it easier, try not to feel guilty!

OMGosh, I'm feeling for you! I would do the same thing if Griff had this problem, so I understand. I'd want it to be done, but hate to make the decision for having it done, KWIM?? Hugs...hugs...it's not your fault, tho that doesn't make it easier, try not to feel guilty!

11. duranjt

duranjt Well-Known Member

Only one of our boys was able to be circ'd at birth...David did not have enough foreskin at the time for them to do it. They told us to wait until he was one and they would re-evaluate. Well, at one, they said he could be circ'd, but they would put him under general anesthesia to do it. For us, the risk of general was not worth the surgery to have it done. Of course, this may come back to bite me when they're older and realize they're "different" down there! :D
    That being said, I do wish the boys were the "same", and they had let me know that only one would be circumsized at birth...maybe I would have not done Owen knowing that David wouldn't be...but I think they did Owen's first, so by the time they found out about David, it was too late...
    Just our experiences!!
    :) Nicole

12. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I have no experience in this realm, but this has to be such a difficult decision to make. :hug99: I know you will do right by your boys, and just remember-- no matter how much it hurts, they will not remember it when they are older. It will probably be most traumatic for you... so take good care of yourself as you make the decision and go through the process.

13. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

My DS Aiden has his circ revision surgery scheduled for Aug 25th, so I'll be able to first hand tell you how it goes in 4 1/2 weeks. I'm sooo scared since he'll have to undergo general anesthesia, but that's why the Urologist had us wait until he was over 1. Aiden's circ site didn't heal correctly, so he's got lots of extra tissue & a band of scar tissue that has caused his winkie to twist (ie. He 'shoots' sideways). Luckily our Urologist promptly told me it WOULD cause issues later in life & that it would NOT correct itself, so that made our decision easier. He said between 12-18 mos is the best age for the traumatization factor ;). That being said, he'll go home on narcotics & have some 14-16 stitches. My poor little man....

My DS Conner has a penile adhesion...sounds like what some of you are describing. He's soooo chubby 'down there' that he has an 'innie'. Because of that, his circ site has kinda 'rehealed' back together (and then some). Our Ped claims he'll outgrow it, but I'm soooo nervous he won't & then we'll have to deal with it when he's 5 or so! I'm going to demand a Urology consult, just in case, because if it's something that will require surgical correction, I want it done now. I'm praying it won't & he'll just be able to outgrow it.

Who knew boys would be such trouble? LOL.

14. jakeandpeytonsmommy

God, if my boys ever read this when older they would be mortified! :p

Jake looks a lot bigger than Peyton cause his skin is less...when Peyton is erect, there is still barely any tip of his penis showing.

He is 3, it worries me to take him. You are all talking about younger kids, my baby is 3! :eek: I mean, he can tell me about his "pee-pee!"

15. lianyla

Oh my Gosh you guys!! I didn't know this was such a common problem. I thought I had kids who were from Mars or something!! Jeez!

I totally regret doing it. I really do. DH is not circumcised, he's from Italy (been in US for 10 yrs now) so I have NO IDEA why we even bothered! And now look at the situation.

Andrea- my boys have what you talked about w/ your 2nd son, going on.. Will see what Urologist says on Weds and tell you. You should def see a Urologist for him tho cuz if your other son is having it done- you may as well do them both IF he needs it!! You don't want to go through that twice!!

Good luck gals and I'll keep you posted on the appt on Weds. I am SICK thinking about this... SICK! I'm scared and I feel guilty. It is NOT going to be fun dealing w/ these two in HORRIFIC pain for like a month BY MYSELF. YUCK!

16. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

My eldest DS has problems with extra skin and rehealing incorrectly. He's 8! He "shoots sideways". We saw a urologist earlier when he was little. We were told that it would correct itself in puberty or over time with errections. Let me just say, I am so very sorry we didn't get another opinion!! He creates a mess constantly in the bathroom from this very problem. And at time he hurts from the skin pulling. I'm so sorry I didn't go with my gut feeling and have it corrected. I can't imagine him being like this for life. It's not like it's just skin, there's scar tissue too. I really doubt this is going to correct itself. And by the time he's a teenager, what am I going to do? Ask him how it's coming along. And by then he'll be too embarrassed to speak up if something isn't right anyway.

My suggestion is if it has the potential for lifelong issues. Correct it NOW.

By the way were you girls told that you have to pull back the skin to clean around it while they are babies for a Very Long Time???
    With DS #1 I was never informed, which is one of the reasons this happened. (He still has extra skin.) They really should give better instructions in the hospital for care w/ circumcisions! I was careful with my last 3 DS's and they have no issues.

17. serranoboys

QUOTE(NINI H @ Jul 18 2008, 12:33 PM) [snapback]882941[/snapback]
    By the way were you girls told that you have to pull back the skin to clean around it while they are babies for a Very Long Time???
    With DS #1 I was never informed, which is one of the reasons this happened. (He still has extra skin.) They really should give better instructions in the hospital for care w/ circumcisions! I was careful with my last 3 DS's and they have no issues.

Ok, this is where the confusion lies. My first pedi never told us ANYTHING and then at their 4 month visit when I ASKED him about what to do with the darn thing he said "oh, you should be pulling the skin back and making sure it doesn't re-attach". Thanks jack#$%! It had already started! So then we switch pedis (for several other reasons) and he's great so I trusted that if he didn't recommend pulling the skin back regularly, then it wasn't necessary. But again, that's because he assumed they weren't even circ'd :rolleyes: . I totally agree with you - there has GOT to be more specific instructions for a mom as far as dealing with ANY penis on a newborn. I mean hello, WE DON'T HAVE ONE!

18. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

OMG-I am kind of afraid now to circumsize my boys. I have a european hubby as well so I left the decision up to him and he decided that he wanted it done, but now I am scared :huh:

My BF adopted a baby that was unable to be circ'd at birth and she had it done under general at the urologist around 15 months or so. She said that it wasn't a huge deal and he did very well and recovery was a breeze. All babies are different though as we know. My nephew had a hypospadias at birth and they recommended he not be circ'd so they could use the skin in a correction surgery at a later date and they would circ him then. Well they did the correction surgery but did a very sloppy circ job on him and now he has a bunch of extra skin as well. He doesn't look circumsized but he dosen't look uncircumsized either. His mom was too traumatized by the other surgery (he was 2 + at the time) because recovery ws pretty bad-he needed a catheter in place for a week, was having bladder spasms etc. so she won't consider the circ revision.

19. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ivfbound078 @ Jul 18 2008, 06:38 AM) [snapback]882882[/snapback]
    Oh my Gosh you guys!! I didn't know this was such a common problem. I thought I had kids who were from Mars or something!! Jeez!

I totally regret doing it. I really do. DH is not circumcised, he's from Italy (been in US for 10 yrs now) so I have NO IDEA why we even bothered! And now look at the situation.

Andrea- my boys have what you talked about w/ your 2nd son, going on.. Will see what Urologist says on Weds and tell you. You should def see a Urologist for him tho cuz if your other son is having it done- you may as well do them both IF he needs it!! You don't want to go through that twice!!

Good luck gals and I'll keep you posted on the appt on Weds. I am SICK thinking about this... SICK! I'm scared and I feel guilty. It is NOT going to be fun dealing w/ these two in HORRIFIC pain for like a month BY MYSELF. YUCK!

I am in the same situation because my DH is from Spain. I left the option to him and he has decided since we will be living in the US to circ the boys. After reading this thread I am afraid though. Do you really regret having it done?

20. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(NINI H @ Jul 18 2008, 07:33 AM) [snapback]882941[/snapback]
    My eldest DS has problems with extra skin and rehealing incorrectly. He's 8! He "shoots sideways". By the way were you girls told that you have to pull back the skin to clean around it while they are babies for a Very Long Time???

The only reason I did this was because DH told me we should pull it back to make sure it stays clean, even though they're circumcised. Had no idea from the hospital or ped...luckily we've done this and still do every other night on bath nights.

21. kcole

kcole Well-Known Member

We had this exact problem with Logan's for two years. We had to pull it back every diaper change (still do sometimes). The first time my pedi pulled it back to show us it bled - I about fainted I know it hurt so bad! My pedi said he had extra skin down there because he was a big, fat, rolly baby. As he has gotten older it has gotten MUCH better! I feel much better about it these days and it looks almost completely normal now.

22. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

Ok I just had to chime in here but I don't have any boys and so I have no clue. Why get them circumcised at all? And does everybody have so much trouble after their boys get circumcised? Because their seems to be lots of responses on here about having trouble afterwards. Just wondering, because I am so curious. ON a side note... the first thing my mom said to me after we walked out of the peri's office and we had just found out it was two girls... she said "well atleast you won't have to worry about getting them circumcised". I think she knew I was stressing about that part. Anyway I hope everybody has good luck at the dr's and gets the answers they are looking for. Big Hugs & thoughts to you in making your decisions.

23. noahandjacobsmom

noahandjacobsmom Well-Known Member

I did not face foreskin growing back but, my N had to wait on his circumcision until he was about a year old due to "webbing" (extra skin) under the penis attaching to the testicles. SO, he had to grow some before the circumcison could occur.

It went fine....have to keep the area very moist and medicated. It also takes about 2-3 weeks to heal.

Other than giving a little Tylenol after surgery for a few days it was fine.

24. LB

LB Well-Known Member

HOLY COW! I just took Aiden to the plastic surgeon on Wed b/c of this. I called the urologist who directed me to the surgeon. The surgeon said that too much skin was left and if I don't do anything about he will have to worry about cleaning it when he is older which is why we had it done in the first place so he wouldn't have to do that. He said if we did it now there still might be a chance that too much would be left b.c it's hard to say how much he will thin out (he's a chunky monkey) and lose in terms of weight. So we plan to go back in a year and see how things have changed and probably have it done then.

25. UDFlyersMom

UDFlyersMom Member

Both of our twins were circumcised at the hospital after their birth. Neither had enough skin removed and they looked uncircumcised. Our pediatrician told us to wait until they reached 20 lbs. before we put them under general to have them redone. At 15 months, we had them done back to back (within 1 hr) by the same general surgeon who does all the circs for NICU babies at the local Children's Hospital. The boys were playing within 2 hours after the surgery and never even needed any pain meds at home. (they gave us Tylenol with Codeine just in case). They both look the same now, and I wouldn't have done anything different. The only person who seemed to be in pain was my husband looking at them after it was completed. There was a ton of swelling on Twin B, and some bleeding with Twin A, but nothing uncommon. After a few weeks, everything looked great!

26. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

After reading all your responses, I am kicking myself even more for not getting that second opinion and getting DS's fixed. There's no way he'd let anyone down there now. ;)

Why get them circumcised at all? And does everybody have so much trouble after their boys get circumcised?

It's often necessary to get circumsized later in life due to infections. My FIL had to as an adult. But for us, it is part of my Christian Heritage steming from Jewish roots. There was never any question. I don't think everyone has problems. But if there was more instruction given at birth, many children wouldn't have this problem.

27. serranoboys

Wow! I'm so glad I brought this up. Thanks for all the advice and I'm glad others are being helped by this thread as well. Someone mentioned that it seems like everyone has problems with the newborn circs. I'm sure it's not everyone but interestingly enough, my pediatrician asked me who performed it and when I told him it was my OB, he said he would have bet me that's what I was going to say. He says that more and more people are having problems with the circs performed by OB's because they're just not familiar with the anatomy and they're often afraid they'll remove too much skin. He told me he was probably being very politically incorrect in his statement, but it makes sense to me. He says he feels that the procedure should only be handled by pediatric surgeons. Just a thought for those who intend to have more children - REQUEST A SURGEON :D !

28. lianyla

QUOTE(mstofko21 @ Jul 18 2008, 08:06 AM) [snapback]882983[/snapback]
    I am in the same situation because my DH is from Spain. I left the option to him and he has decided since we will be living in the US to circ the boys. After reading this thread I am afraid though. Do you really regret having it done?

I ABSOLUTELY regret having it done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could take it back I WOULD. No one in his family is circ'd and I don't even CARE if mine are so I just gave in to PEER pressure. I hate myself for doing it. I really do and I will hate myself soooooo much more in a month when they have to be wheeled away to be RE CIRC'D! Shoot me now!

I see reasons FOR and AGAINST it. I don't care what other people choose to do cuz I am just not like that but HOLY!! I wish wish wish I could go back and NOT DO IT!! Soo not worth it.

And---- NO ONE TOLD ME ABOUT PULLING SKIN BACK EITHER PEOPLE@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate these Docs! Nice. Nice Nice. DH is like "Well!! Why did we even do it!!??" And I'm like "I have no idea."

Duh.

Anyway.. it sucks to be where I am right now.. Sorry to the rest of you also but I totally agree w/ NINI here-- if it is even going to cause ONE problem later in life-- I'm taking the plunge to correct it now. Unreal.

29. 2boysforus

2boysforus Well-Known Member

QUOTE(serranoboys @ Jul 18 2008, 05:49 AM) [snapback]882965[/snapback]
    Ok, this is where the confusion lies. My first pedi never told us ANYTHING and then at their 4 month visit when I ASKED him about what to do with the darn thing he said "oh, you should be pulling the skin back and making sure it doesn't re-attach". Thanks jack#$%! It had already started! So then we switch pedis (for several other reasons) and he's great so I trusted that if he didn't recommend pulling the skin back regularly, then it wasn't necessary. But again, that's because he assumed they weren't even circ'd :rolleyes: . I totally agree with you - there has GOT to be more specific instructions for a mom as far as dealing with ANY penis on a newborn. I mean hello, WE DON'T HAVE ONE!

OMG! I could have written this exact post! I got a bit of a lecture from our pedi at one of the boys visits (I think it was the 6 month one?) because I wasn't pulling the skin back and it had begun to reattach. OUCH. Both boys screamed as he did it and they both started bleeding. I felt terrible. Needless to say, I pull it back all the time now, but after reading these posts, I wonder if there might be a problem with one of my guys because his skin looks longer than his brother's. :( I'll check with the pedi next week...

Anyway, thanks for posting this!

30. JennaPa

JennaPa Well-Known Member

I'm sorry for all of your struggles with this. Hugs. When/if you do decide to have your boys looked at, please choose a PEDIATRIC urologist, general or plastic surgeon if possible. Not only do they specialize in little people, they usually do surgery in conjuction with a pediatric anesthesiologist/facility, which makes all the difference in the world for safety and comfort of both child and mom and dad.

Hugs again.

31. SweetpeaG

SweetpeaG Well-Known Member

[SIZE=12pt]I'll refrain from chiming in on the circumcision debate, but wanted to urge those who are retracting uncircumised (or even botched/failed) circumcised foreskins back on an infant/toddler/preschooler (even at a pedi's recommendation) not to. Contrary to public opinion, having intact or partially intact foreskin does not lead to hygiene problems. Retracting a foreskin prematurely can inflict pain and lead to infection instead of preventing it. Society likes to pretend things need cleaning up (hello, douche industry) when they don't. :nea:

Don't take my word for it, the following is the American Academy of Pediatrics take on it (note the link doesn't recommend daily retraction for cleansing until puberty):

[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=12pt]QUOTE
    Most boys will be able to retract their foreskins by the time they are 5 years old, yet others will not be able to until the teen years. As a boy becomes more aware of his body, he will most likely discover how to retract his own foreskin. But foreskin retraction should never be forced. Until the foreskin fully separates, do not try to pull it back. Forcing the foreskin to retract before it is ready can cause severe pain, bleeding, and tears in the skin.
    [/SIZE]

32. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(CROSSTWINS @ Jul 18 2008, 10:10 AM) [snapback]883122[/snapback]
    Why get them circumcised at all?

I'm hesitant to answer this, because Larami specifically asked not to turn this into a debate....but, circumcision is mostly a social tradition in the States. And, since the majority of dads right now are circumcised, they continue the tradition with their sons.

We would have gone the same way, except I happened to stumble upon one of these threads before Kevan was born, and it worried me....and I started researching it. Based on what I found, we decided not to circumcise.

Our "backup" plan, if we changed our minds, was to have Kevan circumcised by a pediatric urologist at 6 months. We didn't change our minds...however, I wish that were the norm in this country (pediatric urologist doing it), because it does seem like a lot of the problems stem from inexperienced OB's.

33. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Jake is circumsized due to our religious beliefs...and our feeling it's more hygienic.

But he was done by a urologist (not pediatric, but someone who does this all the time) and we have had NO ISSUES. We were also never advised to retract the skin and clean under it, we were only given instructions for the time immediately following the procedure.

He had his done at 10 weeks old...with a local anesthetic and wine. He was given some tylenol (slept a lot, of course he slept when i had like 8 people to help!) and was totally fine.

34. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Becca34 @ Jul 18 2008, 03:11 PM) [snapback]883740[/snapback]
    I'm hesitant to answer this, because Larami specifically asked not to turn this into a debate....but, circumcision is mostly a social tradition in the States. And, since the majority of dads right now are circumcised, they continue the tradition with their sons.

We would have gone the same way, except I happened to stumble upon one of these threads before Kevan was born, and it worried me....and I started researching it. Based on what I found, we decided not to circumcise.

Our "backup" plan, if we changed our minds, was to have Kevan circumcised by a pediatric urologist at 6 months. We didn't change our minds...however, I wish that were the norm in this country (pediatric urologist doing it), because it does seem like a lot of the problems stem from inexperienced OB's.

I was not trying to start a debate. I was curious as to the reasons for circumcision. Like I said I have only girls and well I am a girl so I don't know anything about it. My dh is not circumsized and he never has any trouble but I guess some people do and I was just kind of wondering if it was for medical reasons or personal. Sorry if it was taken wrong. I would never start a debate.

35. serranoboys

QUOTE(CROSSTWINS @ Jul 18 2008, 09:18 PM) [snapback]883842[/snapback]
    I was not trying to start a debate. I was curious as to the reasons for circumcision. Like I said I have only girls and well I am a girl so I don't know anything about it. My dh is not circumsized and he never has any trouble but I guess some people do and I was just kind of wondering if it was for medical reasons or personal. Sorry if it was taken wrong. I would never start a debate.

Not taken that way at all. I think I was just overly defensive in my original post because it is such a hot topic and those against it often feel very passionately about the issue. It's just my own mixed feelings about the situation. No one has been at all offensive :D . And thanks againg for all your responses.

ETA: We have an evaluation scheduled for September 4th with one of the best pediatric surgeons in the nation (from Texas Children's Hospital) and after talking to my mom and mother-in-law about it and hearing feedback from you guys, I feel great about my decision to have it done. Thanks!