Christmas Songs

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by mhardman, Dec 2, 2010.

1. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Last year I taught my kids "We wish you a Merry Chirstmas" and " Jingle Bells" THey loved it and would sing them often. Just wondering what songs your kids know or like to sing. The holidays are full of songs and I want to teach them some more. They aren't the best with learning words but do like me to sing to them.

So Share the songs you/your kids like to sing.

2. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

Besides the two you mentioned, my kids also sing Rudolf the Red Nose Reindeer, Santa Clause is coming to town and Frosty the Snowman. Daycare teaches them a ton of songs during the holiday so we are always singing lately!

3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My two are singing "Over the river and through the woods"

4. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

Jingle Bells, and Jingle Bell Rock.

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Seriously, all of them. We have been listening to Christmas music for a few weeks now and I'm surprised at how many they have picked up!!

Their current favorites are Santa Claus is Coming to Town, Frosty, and Rudolph.

The songs they love to sing along with and ask for the radio to be turned up: Holly Jolly Christmas, Jingle Bells, It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year, Jingle Bell Rock...just to name a few. We are a very Christmas loving household!! :smilie_xmas_116:

6. elhardy26

elhardy26 Well-Known Member

One day this past summer I sang rudolph the red nosed reindeer and they've been obsessed with it ever since. Their favorite part is to sing, "like columbus" at the end of the song :)

Also, recently they fell in love with santa's coming to town, they call it the "other rudolph" song, no idea why!

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Amy is big into "Deck the Halls" right now, but she misunderstands half the words, so it comes out as "Deck the walls with falls of lolly" or something like that.

They know two whole verses (more or less accurately) over "Over the River and through the Woods" because they learned it at school.

And they know most of Rudolph, which has been a favorite bedtime song since they were 2.

Also, this isn't really a "song," but ever since we saw the Nutcracker, they've been trying to do the "ethereal voices" (sung by a children's choir) from the waltz of the flowers or the snowflakes or whatever it is. They sound kind of like cats yowling. :ibiggrin:

8. amelowe9

amelowe9 Well-Known Member

They sing, okay hum, along to "Jingle Bells", "Jingle Bell Rock", "Deck the Halls" and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." I forgot about "Over the River and Through the Woods"...I love that song! I know what they'll be singing next :)

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

My girls love them all and at this point can sing just about any of them they hear to some degree. We listen to Sirius channel 3 and 4 which is all Christmas songs and they love them...and so do I. There favorites are probably anything that has Santa Clause in it.

10. Lougood

Lougood Well-Known Member

We're listening to Sirius too, 23 I think. Mine sing along to ALL of the songs right now. Yesterday one of my DD was belting out "Last Christmas" by Wham while shopping at Target. :lol:

2 people like this.
  11. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

Jingle Bell Rock, Frosty and Rudolph are popular ones this year. Last year, they loved Feliz Navidad (very easy to pick up).

12. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

us too!! The kids always ask for it when we're in the car!!

Abby's favorite is Jingle Bells and Ian is on a "Feliz Navidad" kick at the moment

I'm so jealous of all your pre-schoolers that learn songs in school...our preschool does NOT celebrate ANY holidays due to "cultural diversities"...there is one Indian child in a total of 60 preschool kids so I guess that constitutes "cultural diversity"

13. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine sing Jingle Bells, Oh Christmas Tree, We wish you a Merry Christmas, Frosty the Snowman...actually they sing all of the traditional kids songs. They even know Jingle Bell Rock. My children are holiday obsessed. Every holiday they know at least one song. I think it's b/c my mom buys them so many singing books and toys. I spent the night over there last night and there were so many Christmas books and toys singing different songs at the same time I was about to lose my mind.

14. mhardman

mhardman Well-Known Member

Thanks for all the ideas, we will have to work on some of them this week. We have a local station that plays christmas music 24/7 and we turn it on. THy notice Frosty, Holly Jolly Christmas and a couple of others. Maybe we will try to sing somf of them.