christmas gifts

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christinam, Dec 16, 2010.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

Family/friends ask what the twins want for Christmas. I tell them formula and diapers. I know it's not fun or cute but it's what they need. We don't need more clothes (in their current size - what people want to buy) or anymore toys. After three kids I have a nice collection of baby toys. Santa is bringing a music table for them so they aren't being cheated. Well I am so excited. People have listened! We already celebrated Christmas with my brother and his family due to work schedules. He bought the girls a large box of Pampers. My friend and I swapped gifts for the kids yesterday and she bought two jumbo packs of diapers. My sister in law wasn't thrilled with my brother buying diapers but I was so excited! Now for DH's family we swap names. I made the twins one person this year since they're so little. Anyway, there list is Johnny Jumper, diapers size 2, and formula. We'll see what we get. Hopefully more diapers! My stash is running low and after that I'm switching to cloth so the more disposable diapers the better! :)

2. samantha83

samantha83 Well-Known Member

I totally agree with you. My boys are only 5 weeks and have tons of clothes and toys so I told everyone all they need is diapers. I hope people listen(I know my mom did). But I want to get them something big and special and don't know what to get them.

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

That is great that people are listening to you. Yay for not having to deal with a pile of plastic you don't need or want!

Samantha-how about getting yours some special artwork for their room(s) or something? That would be something they could keep for a long time. Naomi and Luke have these beautiful framed name prints that also say their date of birth and how much they weighed. I'm sure you could find something like that, or just a nice picture.

4. leaudemiel

leaudemiel Well-Known Member

That's awesome. I had my mother suugest it to my inlaws...who I am sure will get them a bunch of random stuff because thats what they do for everyone for the holidays. Ugh. They mean well!

I wanted to get the boys something nice... I got them each a new stuffed chewable toy (the love cloth things right now!) and national parks passports...hoping to get out west this summer!