Chloe's got a cold and is very clingy...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by christineinhk, Jun 11, 2007.

1. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

But I cant leave her there all night!!! Give me faith that when I move her to her bed, she'll stay sleeping and that I dont have to rock her all night.....

2. becky5

becky5 Guest

If you think she is safe in the swing, I would actually leave her in it, if she is sleeping well. Being upright like that will help the mucous to drain. Poor baby, hope she feels better soon!

3. navywf757

navywf757 Well-Known Member

You are not alone my babies have colds too and cry for me to hold them all day long. I haven't had much sleep at all for the past 3 days. I agree if she is sleeping in the swing leave her. Good luck I hope you get some sleep :)

4. TeeandGee

TeeandGee Well-Known Member

One of ours has her first cold and I have had to hold her all night long for the past two nights so she would sleep. So if yours sleeps in the swing, leave her there for the night. Put it beside your bed if you want to keep an eye on her.

5. christineinhk

christineinhk Well-Known Member

thanks Becky!! I did move her over and she stayed sleeping. Maybe that 45 minutes in the swing helped clear her nasal passages for awhile.

6. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I just had that with Con the other night ... very stuffy, slight fever, and would bawl every time I laid him in the crib. Finally just brought him in bed with me but I was so paranoid I'd roll over him I barely slept.
    I, too, would let that sleeping baby lie. :)

7. mom of one plus two

mom of one plus two Well-Known Member

When you have to babes you need to bend the rules a little. When I gave as much love as I can to the sick babe and when they were both sick, they got some medicine and time in the swings. Your a twin mom, you do what you've got to do as long as everyone is safe.