Chicco car seats for double snap n go?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by TwinsItIs, Jul 6, 2011.

1. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

I love the look of the Chicco car seats and wanted to purchase them with the double snap n go, which will be our only stroller for the first few months most likely. My friend has the Chiccos with the double snap n go for her twins and she says she hates it. That it's difficult to pop in and out and that when it's on the base, you can't access the baskets.

On another forum, I read that many are happy with the Chicco for the double snap n go. I'm wondering if any of you has personal experience with this and if you'd recommend it.

Thanks

2. TwinsItIs

No one uses the Chicco car seats?

3. Jakemylar

Jakemylar New Member

I had a Chicco car seat/travel system for my first son and really liked it (the keyfit 30 came out right after my son was born so ours is rated to 22 lbs - I can't imagine carrying one of those around with a baby bigger than 20 lbs anyway). It received the highest ratings from Consumer Reports a few years ago so it made me like it even more. I looked into the double snap n go for my twins on the way since I didn't use the Chicco stroller as much once my son was out of the infant carrier - we used the BOB jogger or an umbrella stroller. I thought I could get away cheaper if we only had to buy another Chicco car seat and the double snap n go but not the entire double stroller that the car seats fit in. Once they are big enough I'd probably go with a side by side jogger type. I went to Buy Buy Baby and they had a double snap n go on the floor so I tried to get two Chiccos to fit in it(there is a video online on how it is done - Chicco - Double Snap n Go Video) but neither I nor the salesguy could get both Chiccos to fit quite right based on what I remembered from the video.

I really like the keyfit and the double stroller Chicco came out with looks really nice but I was hoping to get something a little smaller since those double strollers are still pretty large folded up. Now I am looking at the City Select by Baby Jogger since you can get Chicco infant seat adaptors for it and the seats are removeable. It's pretty pricy so I'm not totally sold but I think it would be the most compact option since the snap n go wasn't really made with the Chicco in mind (seems like an afterthought). I also like that the City Select can be used as a single if you only have one kid with you.

4. TwinsItIs

I went down to buy buy baby yesterday and tried both car seats (graco and chicco) with the double snap n go. I think we're opting for the chicco. They weren't that difficult to place, and the basket accessibility wasn't really different with either of them.

5. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

We used two Chicco Keyfit 30 car seats with our double snap n go with no issues. It's a snug fit for sure, so you have to play with it to figure what your personal approach is to getting them in there tightly, but I actually liked that they fit in so tightly once they were in. I also never had any major issues accessing the basket. It's somewhat tough to get in there regardless of what car seat model you have. The double snap n go was our lifesaver and we actually used it until the kids were almost a year old!