cheapest place for diapers and formula?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Jul 21, 2009.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

right now we go to Babies R Us for our diapers and 4 containers of formula lasts us a week. i BF the boys as well.

is there someplace cheaper i can get the diapers and formula? we pay about 26 bucks for 96 diapers and 6 bucks for a container of liquid formula.

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

babies r us is way overpriced for stuff like that. you can buy the same amount of diapers at target for $19.99 and sometimes they have them on sale for $18.99. I think that the price of formula is just about the same everywhere, but I have seen them on sale at target.

3. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The cheapest place where I live is Wal-Mart.

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Cheapest place that I found was BJ's. Cases of diapers could run $38 for 170 small diapers (Pampers even) and my two were on Gentlease and 4 cans there was less than $100. (Thankfully I was able to eventually get them on generic formula and that saved a lot of money, but at first, they both had stomach issues -constipation and more reflux- which is why we stuck with the namebrand formula as long as we did.)

5. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I bought all my diapers and formula from Costco, and saved a ton of $$ doing so! :good:

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

I bought generic formula from Walmart, and love Target diapers!

ETA...the size 4's, come in a box of 96(ish?), and are $13.something.

7. 5280babies

5280babies Well-Known Member

I have found diapers.com to be cheapest for diapers because they price match, and take coupons. Also, if you spend $49 shipping is always free and always 2-day if you order by 5 or 6 pm. Don't order for the first time without finding a $10 off coupon for first time customers. They carry a bunch of brands and often sell in bigger quantities than you can buy in the store. However, they do not carry some of the supersaver brands, like Sam's Club parent's choice. Not sure about Cosco brand, but I doubt it. I am stuck on Pamper's and Luvs so I go through them and then I do not have to leave the house either. ;) I am not sure about formula but worth checking I think. Good luck.

8. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

We got our formula at Walmart (and used the generic brand because it's the same manufacturer just cheaper :good: ) and our diapers/wipes from BJ's. Good luck!!

9. Tarin

Tarin Well-Known Member

I use diapers.com for diapers. Cheapest and most convenient!

10. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I price checked everywhere available to me and costco has the cheapest diapers for the amt (I use huggies regulars). But if I use the good huggies coupons (1.50 for one pack or 3 for 2 packs) then buying them at walmart is almost as cheap.

As for formula, everywhere is roughly $26 for goodstart, however I was using the walmart brands and it's much cheaper, it just wasn't working for their tummies!

11. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We got diapers from Costco and formula from Walmart or our local grocery store if they had it on sale.

12. lawilliams77

lawilliams77 Well-Known Member

We are able to get 264 diapers (Huggies) for 40 dollars at Sam's club. Formula is much cheaper there too. We switched to the store brand in formula because they have tolerated it very well so we are able to get 30oz of the powder for 15 dollars at Sams Club.

13. kierasmom

kierasmom Well-Known Member

Here the cheapest diapers are at Cosco(Huggies, but I can't remember how many we get). We use Target brand formula($11.89 big can) because the twins doctor said they're all the same.

14. slr814

slr814 Well-Known Member

I get my diapers from babies r us, because they sell the really big pack of diapers. If I buy a smaller pack it is more economical to buy them at walmart. However, I know that Amazon sells the value packs, and the shipping is free, but I think it works out to just about the same as babies r us, and since we go there all the time anyway...

15. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

Sams Club!!!!!

Just bought 264 size 1-2 pampers swaddlers for $39...formula is cheaper there too.

16. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

I am a Walmart and Target shopper. I signed up for the weekly Target ads and compare them with Walmart. There are different deal for different brands. I never pay more than $20 for a pack of diapers unless they are over a 100 count and my sister buys them for me at BJ's. Both Target and Walmart generic formulas are EXACTLY the same and much cheaper than name brands.

17. oh-baby-baby

oh-baby-baby Well-Known Member

I'm another Sam's clubber! You just can't pass up on all those diapers for 39bucks!

18. narezo0805

narezo0805 Active Member

TARGET Diapers!!
    We get 84 for $13 dollars and there is a coupon for $2 off so they come out to $11.
    I used to use HUGGIES and I loved them, but the price was crazy. And I was surprised when I came to like these and the wipes smell SOOO good and are like $3 for 3 packs of refills.

19. nicinthebu

nicinthebu Well-Known Member

I priced out costco and found it to be the cheapest. I would check out your local warehouse. Some show their prices online so you dont necessarily have to commit to a memembership to shop around.

20. asamac

asamac Well-Known Member

I just started buying generic formula at Walmart - it is much cheaper than Enfamil and they have versions of Gentlease and AR. I like Target's diapers but love Pampers and BRU has a big sale this week - $7.00 off when you buy diapers and wipes. I only use pampers' wipes because they are thin. Has anyone found the thin wipes anywhere else - generic brand?