Can't keep them asleep from the car to the house

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ccpersson, Nov 26, 2006.

1. ccpersson

ccpersson New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the babies waking up after coming in from a car ride(no matter how long)? We have brought the twins in and tried everything, from the swing to the crib, but they always wake up. Just wanted to know if we were the only ones with this issue?! Thank you!

2. ccpersson

ccpersson New Member

I was wondering if anyone else has a problem with the babies waking up after coming in from a car ride(no matter how long)? We have brought the twins in and tried everything, from the swing to the crib, but they always wake up. Just wanted to know if we were the only ones with this issue?! Thank you!

3. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I've never had any luck bringing a sleeping child in from the car to the house except when they were in their carriers and I would just leave them in them and let them sleep in the carriers. Mine always wake up when we pick them up. Luckily, they settle right back down usually.

4. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

Mine usually wake up too. It's hit and miss as to whether or not they will go back to sleep once in the crib.

5. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

I found that if I kept the car running while I took them out, they would stay asleep. But if I shut it off, they would wake, and wouldn't go back.

6. firemedic

firemedic Well-Known Member

If I catch them within 5min of falling asleep I can bring them in. Otherwise I am in your shoes. Every once in a while I can carry Ethan in without him fully waking but Emma wakes and will not go back down.

7. bridget nanette

bridget nanette Well-Known Member

We have the same problem! It drives me crazy, especially when we come home from church on Sunday. The twins play and play and they need a good nap at 12:00. It takes us 25 minutes to get home. So they fall asleep 5 minutes or 10 minutes into the trip. That gives them roughly a 15-20 min nap.

Then we get home and as soon as we open the car doors, they are awake! They won't go back to sleep either! UGGGHHH !!

I know exactly what you mean!

Bridget

8. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by firemedic:
    If I catch them within 5min of falling asleep I can bring them in. Otherwise I am in your shoes.

EXACTLY what I was going to say!

It's all VERY time sensitive w/ my kids. I has to be immediately after they fall asleep or it's pretty much over when I take them out [​IMG]
    This is why my boys are at home at least 30 minutes before nap or bedtime!

9. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

There is a duplicate of this post HEREin the FY Forum. Please reply there. I will close this thread as a duplicate. Thanks [​IMG]