Can't hold my bladder

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Babygus0, Nov 14, 2006.

1. Babygus0

Babygus0 Well-Known Member

I just can't seem to hold my bladder the past two days. I can feel them kicking low and then boom there it goes. [​IMG] and I leak. I've had to get up from every patient this morning and run to the restroom so I didn't completely wet my pants.
    Is this normal? Or am I doomed for incontience the rest of my pg?

2. Babygus0

I just can't seem to hold my bladder the past two days. I can feel them kicking low and then boom there it goes. [​IMG] and I leak. I've had to get up from every patient this morning and run to the restroom so I didn't completely wet my pants.
    Is this normal? Or am I doomed for incontience the rest of my pg?

3. Beth R

Beth R Well-Known Member

Yep totally normal. I ran crying to my OB because I thought my sacs were leaking. Nope it was urine. I heard it can even get worse. Oh well it isnt forever.

Hugs,
    Beth

4. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

You're normal. [​IMG] My mom has insisted this will happen to me as it happens to almost all pregnant women. I haven't had it happen yet, but I am off of work and home most of the time so the bathroom is right there ... but my baby A sits so low that sometimes when she punches I can feel it right on my bladder and YOW!!!! I feel your pain [​IMG] I keep waiting for the day when I start a-leakin' too.

5. Overachiever

Overachiever Well-Known Member

Whatever you do, don't sneeze! LOL
    It's normal. I wear panty liners everyday so I don't have to change my undies every half hour. Nothing like having TWO bouncy babies jumping on your bladdar!

6. Babygus0

Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone. I guess I'm just going to have to use a pantyliner especially when I'm at work. There is no worse feeling than feeling wet. [​IMG] I just can't wait for maternity leave to start and I don't have to worry about it as much.

7. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I can GENERALLY hold my bladder, except when I am a) puking or b) dry heaving. (say, five times a day)

It started about two weeks ago (I'm 16 wks today); just a little leak whenever i would end up w/my head in the toilet....about three days ago I was dry heaving and lost complete control....just delightful.

So now, my choice is: do i sit on the toilet and puke on the floor, or do i puke into the toilet and pee on the floor?
    [​IMG]

Maybe this is my way of preparing to do two loads of laundry every day once the twins arrive!

Sorry if this is TMI.

8. Babygus0

quote:
    So now, my choice is: do i sit on the toilet and puke on the floor, or do i puke into the toilet and pee on the floor?

That sucks. Pee in the toliet and use a trash can. I think my DH has cleaned every trash can and sink in our house. I've sat on the toliet many times and puked in the trash can.

Hope it gets better for you!

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I went to town the other day - I didn't even feel like I needed to go
    when I left the house! I just had to run to the post office to get stamps to mail off my thankyou cards from my shower - well my whole family has had a cold - I sneezed and wet my pants IN MY CAR!!!
    I am so embarrassed to admit it but that's what happened! THANK
    GOODNESS I was by myself!! [​IMG]

(I was able to hold most of it until I got back home but my pants were too wet to get the stamps!!)

10. Michelle B

Michelle B Well-Known Member

Whenever I get the urge to go, I have to GO right then or I will trickle a little! YUCK!
    I am already to the point that I plan all of my errands around bathrooms. I have to know where the bathroom is and I usually have to go as soon as I arrive. I am potty training my dd, so between the two of us, I feel like 90% of my day is spent in the bathroom [​IMG]

11. First Snow

First Snow Member

Hello, everyone,

I am only 12 weeks pregnant, but already goes to bathroom
    every hour. Especially at night, I wake up so many times
    and feel really tired in the morning.

I just had my 12 weeks check up and my urine test was fine.
    I don't know why I already started with this bladder problem.

A lot of you didn't have this problem until 2nd or 3rd trimester
    right? do you guys know why i started so early.
    I am scared what will happen to me as I go along.

Any suggestion or comments?

Thanks,
    Esha

12. Babygus0

quote:
    A lot of you didn't have this problem until 2nd or 3rd trimester
    right? do you guys know why i started so early.
    I am scared what will happen to me as I go along.

I wish. My poor DH in the first trimester said I got 40 miles to the pee. Now I get 20 to the pee according to him. I have gone non-stop since about 9 weeks. It gets worse.

Just hang in there.

13. lj20272

lj20272 Well-Known Member

It doesnt really get any better later on.

I still get up about 5 -6 times a night and have to rush to the loo with my hand between my legs to hold everything in.

Only 5 more nights of this for me [​IMG]

14. Merijo

Merijo Well-Known Member

Oh yes, I'm a peeing queen too! Ever since I found out I was pregnant I was going more day and night. I had a few good nights once I hit the second trimester mark. Those were great nights!

Now I've got a rotten cold and every time I cough or sneeze I seem to leak a bit. I'm going through pantyliners like nobody's business.

Hail to the bladder control gods. May they someday smile down on me again.
    Merijo

15. First Snow

First Snow Member

Hi, thanks for your comments. Great, it just won't get better!
    I guess I will have to deal with it!

Esha : [​IMG]

16. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

FirstSnow - i started peeing twice a night at about eight weeks! And, of course, all my SILs and friends tell me that as the pg progresses it will get worse and once i deliver - well, as a pp said "May the bladder gods smile down on me again someday!"

17. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

I too have the wonderful experience of having to run to the loo the whole time. And when you get there, it is for a teaspoon ful, even though it felt like my bladder was about to explode. The morning sickness and bladder leaks happened too and I started wondering of you can wear adult nappies [​IMG]