Can't find boots/snowpants to match coats

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Beth*J, Oct 4, 2009.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I was so excited to find reasonably-priced winter coats for my girls that weren't pink or purple, that I snatched them up. Then I realized they are going to need snow boots and snow pants this year and I probably won't be able to find matching ones. Is that a big deal? It kind of bothers me that they won't be matching, but I really like the coats. I did find a hat/mitten set that sort of goes. What would you do...return the coats and go for a matching set or just buy boots/snowpants that don't really go? Here's a picture of the coat and hat.

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

That's a cute set :wub: Personally, I wouldn't worry about if the set matched or not. I would just probably buy boots & snowpants that either did not match or was as close as I could get. My thought is they'll grow out of it soon enough.

3. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry too much about the matching. You could probably find some gray/black pants that would go with those coats just fine. I think those coats are great and I would keep them!!

4. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Ditto Katie!

Last year the girls wore brown snowpants I bought in the toddler boys department (not any different but the colors!) and 1) they went nicely with their pink coats and 2) they didn't show every dirt mark like pink pants would have!

I'd look in the boys section and get some black/gray pants, the coats are cute!

5. E&Msmom

E&Msmom Well-Known Member

I woudlnt let it bother you. Honestly. You just want them to be warm and comfy who cares if they match :)
    When else can you get away with wearing whatever you want except when you're a kid or elderly :)
    Plus they probably arent going to be wearing the snow pants daily- just when they are out playing right?

6. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I agree, don't let it bother you. Honestly if you want everything to match you pretty much need to get everything in the same colors and it's just too boring!

7. twinsnowwhat

twinsnowwhat Well-Known Member

That kind of stuff bugs me too! Like other folks have said though I would get some black pants and that would work great.

8. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES. It bugs me sooo much. I have the coolest AWESOME Gap brown down coats and snowpants and adorable hats and mittens and FRICKING black boots with blue. NOTHING I can do about it. It makes me go OCD to think about it so I have to stop but I had to let you know that I have boys and it drives me bonkers!!!!!!!!!!

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry about that.

Then again a nice plain black would go with anything.

10. Meximeli

Meximeli Well-Known Member

Nope, I would not be in the least bit bugged, by not matching outer wear.

11. brandycaviness

brandycaviness Well-Known Member

Honestly...it would :blush: IF we were in an area like you where they would get worn alot. However, we are in NC and snow bibs/boots are needed maybe once a winter if that, so they probably won't get matching bibs & boots.

12. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

I like to things to match too if I can. I would look for light grey snow pants. Here are some silver boot that would look cute with this coat: http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_-1_576450_98916_25851|61673_baby%20girl|baby%20girl%20shoes_babygirls

13. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

We had those exact coats last winter! I bought them black snow bibs and then they had grey boots. I'm not that into matching outer wear though so it didn't bother me at all.

14. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

You are my hero! Those are cute boots and they are even in my price range. Thanks so much. I guess I'll just live with black snowpants. They'll only be using them for playing outside at daycare and occasionally at home. If my kids are genetically like me, they won't want to be out in the cold any more than they have to be anyway.

15. Bridgett

Bridgett Well-Known Member

If you order them online, enter this web code to get 10% off. At least that will help with shipping cost.

F69UT9UE99

16. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

You came to the rescue again! I'm planning to order them today. Thanks so much.