Can't ever have a 'normal' pregnancy, can I?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by momotwinsmom, Feb 5, 2008.

1. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

So, after telling me all my labs came back normal, I get a call today. There was another part to the lab that just came in. My white blood counts are slightly elevated and they want me to go see a hematologist. I always think the worst, so now I am scared. I did notice after looking stuff up that it is normal for it to be slightly elevated during pregnancy. I hope they took this into account. I could also have an infection they said. Which, could be this hacking cough I just cannot get rid of. Who knows.

Just need some good vibes sent my way. My appt with the hematologist is next week. I wish I wasn't such a worrier!!

**UPDATE - 2/13 - I met with the hematologist today and he really doesn't think it is anything serious. He said because I am pregnant, and because my sinuses are crappy, that could be what it is. He took a quick blood draw and a more in depth blood draw. The quick one was done in a minute and that was all normal. The in depth blood will be done by friday or monday. He thinks that will all be normal too. He was reassuring though, and I don't think he would be misleading about that. BUT, I will feel better when I hear back on the in depth results. Thanks for all the good vibes and keep them coming this way please. Like I said above, I wish I wasn't such a worrier.

**** Update 2/18 - Dr.'s office called and my in depth blood work came back fine. He still wants me to come in next week for a quick blood draw (results in 2 minutes) and then that may be it.

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

:hug99: I hope everything turns out to be ok. I think every pregnancy has it's worries. :hug99: Keep up updated!

3. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

Good luck next week, I hope all goes well.

4. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear about those lab results. I hope it's nothing and they are just thinking about bringing you in precautionary. Please let us know how it goes. Sending good vibes and lots of HUGS your way!

5. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I'm sorry. Sending you lots of hugs and goodluck vibes that your appointment goes well.

6. Ali M

Ali M Well-Known Member

We'll definitely be thinking of you. :hug99:

7. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

:hug99: :hug99: :hug99:
    Plesae keep us posted. I am sorry you are worrying about this.

8. momotwinsmom

I worry about everything. It's just me. Anyway, went for my regular 28 week check up and the dr said he wasn't really concerned about it, he just never really sees it often and wants a dr who specializes in it to look at the results and see what he thinks. My white blood cells were not very high especially for a pregnant woman, it was the differential that had 2 slight increases. So, I may feel a little better, but still worried about it, lol.

Thanks for all the well wishes. Will let you know how it goes when I meet with the hematologist next week.

9. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

:hug99: !!!

10. momotwinsmom

I updated in original post......

11. twinzmom2b

That's great news...I hope all goes well with the in-depth blood draw!

12. candctwinfactory

candctwinfactory Well-Known Member

I'm glad things are turning out to be ok. I hope the last test comes back fine as well!!

13. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

I'm very glad things turned out ok! I think doctors are sometimes overzealous which can be both good and bad!

14. momotwinsmom

Updated in original post

15. 2monkeez

2monkeez Well-Known Member

Great news! I am happy things are looking up for you!

16. twinzmom2b

That's GREAT news!!!! Glad to hear it!

17. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I am so glad you got good news!!