can we fit twin's gear in a car?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by nancy214, Apr 14, 2008.

1. nancy214

nancy214 Member

I need to buy a new vehicle and we don't want to spend the money for a mini van or SUV? Has anyone managed to fit all the baby gear for two in a trunk of a car? I don't wnat to buy a new car and regret it but really can't afford mini van

2. cat419

cat419 Well-Known Member

We have a Ford Fusion and no problems so far! We use the double Snap-n-Go still, and got a combi side by side. With either of them in the trunk we can still fit a diaper bag or two (or three!) and have room to spare!

3. **Diane**

**Diane** Well-Known Member

Ditto the pp. We have a hyundai accent and I've never had any problems with fitting our gear into the car. I have a duoglider and a maclaren sbs and either of them fits along with our diaper bag which we actually usually put on the floor of the back seat along with blankets.

The only time everything doesn't fit is grocery shopping BUT luckily I am able to go to a store that both babies can fit in the cart so I don't have to chug my stroller to the store.

Now with #3 (surprise!) coming unfortunately we do have to buy a new vehicle since we can't fit 3 car seats in the back.

4. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

We can fit our double snap n go along with the diaper bag and a few more things into our Nissan Sentra. Our knees are up against the dashboard with the sar seats in the back so it depends on how comfortable you want to be.

5. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I have a Jetta and the snap n go fits in the trunk w/ lots of room to spare! My Maclaren double stroller also fits no problem. If DH drives w/ car seats in the car, he is a little uncomfortable- doesn't have much leg room, but for me it's fine!

6. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I drive a Toyota Corrolla and it's a tight squeeze but it fits. I have the carseats in the center and passenger side, leaving just enough room for the diapre bag on the seat, my Combi stroller fits in the trunk with room for a load of groceries to spare. It was really hard travelling though, tyring to fit in our suitcases, etc. I think when we do buy a new car (which will be a LOONG while) we will end up with a mini-van or SUV for ease of travel.

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

We have a Subaru Legacy wagon and it fits fine. That said, we'll be getting a minivan when the Subaru dies.

8. ladybenz

ladybenz Well-Known Member

I have a Mercedes E300 and no problems whatsoever. The duoglider fits in the trunk, the snap n go fits in the trunk, there's room for diaper bags, etc. I can also put a folded up pack n play on the floor boards of the back seat and a decent sized duffel as well. We could take a road trip no problem!

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

I have a SAAB station wagon and the big double jogging stroller fits in the back with a little room to spare for groceries and stuff. However, with two carseats in the back only my tiny sister can sit between them... so really I can only take one other adult with me when I drive the girls places. This is one of the main reasons we are probably going to buy a minivan this summer.

10. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

I have a Ford Taurus. The back seat fits two infant carseats and one booster for my son. (I don't think there is anyway an average adult could fit back there) My Graco Duoglider fits in the trunk when I take the front cupholder off, with some room for groceries or what not. I don't think I could get a pack'n'play in there with it though, but for now it could always slide on the floorboard in the back. My double jogger also fits in the trunk if I remove the front wheel.

11. KimsTwins

KimsTwins Well-Known Member

I have a Toyota Corolla and in my trunk I keep our double Snap-n-Go and the pack-n-play in there at all times. I also have an emergency car kit and spare blankets in the trunk too, and I still have room for a diaper bag, groceries and other things if I need them. The car seats are behind the driver and passenger sides, so there is plenty of room in the middle for stuff and underneath the seats in the back as well. It is usually just me with the kids though, so I also have the front passenger seat :p It works fine.