can somebody please shoot me now?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by fuchsiagroan, Feb 11, 2009.

1. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

Since yesterday, Andrew has been inseparable from a FORK. Just a plain old fork. I won't let him sleep with it, and I am currently listening to him scream through his "nap" because he wants to snuggle up with something pointy enough to gouge an eye out. <_<

Puhleeeeeze, put me out of my misery...

2. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

:lol:

I'm only laughing because I definitely feel your pain.

3. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Feb 11 2009, 10:50 AM) [snapback]1186231[/snapback]
    I am currently listening to him scream through his "nap" because he wants to snuggle up with something pointy enough to gouge an eye out. <_<

Holly what an odd thing but I must say your post had me choking on my coffee and :rotflmbo:

this too shall pass!

(can you swap it out with a spoon?)

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fuchsiagroan @ Feb 11 2009, 01:50 PM) [snapback]1186231[/snapback]
    Since yesterday, Andrew has been inseparable from a FORK. Just a plain old fork. I won't let him sleep with it, and I am currently listening to him scream through his "nap" because he wants to snuggle up with something pointy enough to gouge an eye out. <_<

Puhleeeeeze, put me out of my misery...

I know it's not funny to you, and thank God I am not there yet, but that is hilarious! :D

5. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh, man! It's amazing what they will get themselves attached to!! Good luck.

6. Halseyse

Halseyse Well-Known Member

Wow. Now there's something you don't hear everyday :lol: Sorry, I can't imagine your misery at the moment, but that is kinda hilarious

7. becky5

becky5 Guest

:laughing: :hug:

8. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

:lol: Sorry - it's pretty funny when you're not listening to it. My oldest DD is the same way, she gets attached to the oddest things laying around the house. Most of last week she had one of my 5 lbs barbells in her bed. That was okay, I wasn't using it anyway! :blush:

9. carmenandwhittsmom

carmenandwhittsmom Well-Known Member

No shooting because it is against the law. I do wish you the best of luck but like everyone else said, that is hysterical! :rotflmbo:

10. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

11. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I seriously needed a good laugh. :laughing: I'm just sorry it was because your going crazy over a fork.

12. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:rofl: That is a good one!! Is he still hanging onto it?

13. ahmerl

ahmerl Well-Known Member

Oh brother! Good luck :)! Let us know how long the fork attachment lasts....

14. Twinnylou

Twinnylou Well-Known Member

Jack isnt into forks thank goodness but he does carry about 2 little figures at all times( either little men, animals or dinosaurs) he isnt fussed which one but he always has 2 with him and if Sophie touches them OMG all hell breaks loose. It usually goes with Sophie touching men and jack shouting LEAVE MY MEN ALONE! MUMMY SOPIE NOY ME! You go into his room when he is sleeping and he is there holding his men one in each hand and holding on for dear life. He is addicted to these little figures and i am starting to get a bit worried! x

15. nymom4

nymom4 Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: That is funny. I really needed cheering up today! What a good story to tell to his girlfriend someday! :) Good luck & I hope your day gets better. :hug:

16. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Louise+2 @ Feb 11 2009, 02:43 PM) [snapback]1186331[/snapback]
    Jack isnt into forks thank goodness but he does carry about 2 little figures at all times( either little men, animals or dinosaurs) he isnt fussed which one but he always has 2 with him and if Sophie touches them OMG all hell breaks loose. It usually goes with Sophie touching men and jack shouting LEAVE MY MEN ALONE! MUMMY SOPIE NOY ME! You go into his room when he is sleeping and he is there holding his men one in each hand and holding on for dear life. He is addicted to these little figures and i am starting to get a bit worried! x

That's so cute! I can't wait until my Jack is carrying around little men and yelling at his sister! :D

17. tburke75

tburke75 Well-Known Member

Your topic made me look and so glad I did. I needed to laugh today! thanks and hope your LO finds something soft to love next! hahaha

18. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

:lol:

Maybe you can talk him into a plastic Zoo Pals fork. Still pointy, but less likely to inflict damage...

19. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twoplustwo @ Feb 11 2009, 06:54 PM) [snapback]1186236[/snapback]
    (can you swap it out with a spoon?)

This made me laugh just as hard. Thanks ladies.

Sorry Holly. Tyler slept with a watering can for days. :lol:

20. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Toddlers are so weird and hillarious!

21. angie7

angie7 Well-Known Member

One of my dd's was attached to a little fur mouse for our kitten :) She would walk around with it everywhere she went. She did go to bed with it a few times but after the 3rd nite of the 15th time of waking me up to fetch it b/c it fell our of her crib, I wouldn't let her take it to bed. What we did that helped (maybe this will you too) is we had a crib that belongs to her doll house. Just big enough for this tiny little mouse to fit. Everytime we had to leave or go to bed, we would tell her tuck in her mouse. She would go over, pet him, give him a kiss, tell him gnite and then lay him down to bed and cover him up. We made sure never to move it so it was right there for her when she got up the next morning. This really helped her get over not sleeping with it. Maybe you could try something like that your son?

22. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Oh Holly, I feel your pain. Yesterday Piper went ballistic when I merely suggested that she take the swim diaper off of her head. She loved her new hat and absolutely categorically refused to part with it. Isn't this a fun age?

23. JessiePlus2

JessiePlus2 Well-Known Member

This is hilarious. You'll have to tell his prom date this story when he's older. :laughing:

24. Orestia

Orestia Well-Known Member

This is one of the funniest threads ever! :D

25. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

Oh man, what a thread! Forks, spoons, watering cans.....what's next.... :rotflmbo: toddlers are slightly strange at times!! LOL!!!

26. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(momofb/gtwins @ Feb 11 2009, 02:48 PM) [snapback]1186614[/snapback]
    Oh man, what a thread! Forks, spoons, watering cans.....what's next.... :rotflmbo: toddlers are slightly strange at times!! LOL!!!

swim diaper hats too!! Very funny!!! :rotflmbo: :rotflmbo:

I keep coming back to this thread to see what other funny things kids have attached themselve to.

27. double-or-nothing

double-or-nothing Well-Known Member

Holly, I totally feel for you. My dd went through a faze with an addiction to an eating utensil but fortunately it was a spoon. Maybe you could buy some of those plastic colored disposable forks? I know they sell them at BRU. They are not pointy at all and I would actually feel pretty safe letting my girls sleep with those...if they really needed to :rolleyes:

28. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

If it helps, I have a friend on another board whose DS also got attached to a fork. Thanks for the laugh. :D

29. Brizzy_Twins

Brizzy_Twins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twinmom56 @ Feb 11 2009, 02:47 PM) [snapback]1186339[/snapback]
    :rotflmbo: That is funny. I really needed cheering up today! What a good story to tell to his girlfriend someday! :) Good luck & I hope your day gets better. :hug:

haha very true.. this topic made me laugh:). i hope it gets better.. kids do the funniest/weirdest things sometimes :) :hug:

30. fuchsiagroan

fuchsiagroan Well-Known Member

:rotflmbo: Oh, thank you for the other good stories, ladies! A watering can! A swim diaper! Where will it end? :lol:

Well, after sharing his opinion for half an hour or so, he finally fell asleep. Without the little instrument of death/eye gouging. Thank goodness, because no WAY could I fool him with a spoon or even a different (ie non-lethal) fork! All day long, as soon as he loses track of it, he starts whimpering "Fork! Fork! Fork!"

(And if I had any sense of humor left at this point, I'd be rofl because the way he pronounces "fork" sounds quite a bit like, um, another word.)

31. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

aren't toddlers a hoot!! Abby now will NOT under ANY circumstances allow me to grab her shoes for her - in fact if I pick them up and hand them to her she FLINGS them across the room (to where they were) and goes to pick them up...however just 2 seconds before she couldn't find them - hence the facilitation of MY getting them for her!!!

32. lareesab

lareesab Well-Known Member

Now I completely understand when you see comments that say, "You don't scare me, I have a toddler!" My boys aren't there YET! I can't wait! :lol:

33. Poohbear05

Poohbear05 Well-Known Member

ahhh - BTDT, one of my daughters will take a fork, spoon, keys, really whatever her 'lovie' of the day is is what we like to call it! LOL We don't taketh away, with that we choose our battles wisely and figured we'd get more sleep if we just cave and let her have it. So far no injuries, but we have almost lost a few fish when she's tried dipping the spoon in their bedside fish tank for some water! So now we make sure they have sippy cups full of water in bed with them too....

Oh but the best one yet (for our house anyways) was Halloween night. That child absolutely WOULD NOT let go of her pumpkin. Fell asleep in the car on the way home gripping it for dear life. Tried to take it out of her hands, nope, she threw a FIT. So she went to bed with her little pumpkin. Bad on mommy and daddy for not removing the candy first (who would think a 21 month old could unwrap their own candy, especially when they never get any on the regular.) How 'bout we woke up the next morning and ALL the candy was GONE. I looked EVERYWHERE for that candy, wrappers, sticks, EVERYTHING was gone. It was only like 5 or 6 pieces, but STILL, that child ate the candy, the wrappers and the lollipop sticks! LOL

34. Buttercup1

Buttercup1 Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I went through this this past weekend, but the object of desire was a ginger snap cookie. :hug: It will pass, hang in there!

35. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

Where do our children come up with this stuff?? :unknw: