Can I join? Pregnant w/ 2nd set of twins!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by sacrdhazel, Oct 8, 2013.

1. sacrdhazel

sacrdhazel New Member

Hi all!

I'm not sure if this website was around back when I had my first set of twins, 9 years ago... but I sure wish I had found it!!  lol  Its nice to have others who understand!

I am now 15.5 weeks pregnant with my second set of twins.  And although my girls are 9 years old and fairly self sufficient... 9 years feels like I aged 20 years being pregnant!!  My entire first trimester with the girls all I did was throw up 5 times a day from week 7- week 12.  This time around I have my moments but the exhaustion is a complete nightmare, I feel like my pubic bone has snapped in half and I popped this past weekend so the waddle has begun.  lol

My 40 week due date is March 27, 2014... I delivered the girls at 34 weeks with 7 weeks of bedrest.  So I am anxious to see what this pregnancy brings.

Would love some advice!!    :grouphug:

I look forward to meeting with you all!

Allison, 34, NY

2. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations for your second set of twins! I am glad you found Twinstuff - welcome, it's great and really helpful, although you know a lot about twin pregnancies and twins already.  I hope this pregnancy goes smooth and you don't end up on bedrest again. 

Good luck,

Monica

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome and congratulations on two sets!! 

4. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I have to agree with you on the pregnancy being harder with that much of an gap between!  My twins were 6.5 when I had my last singleton and are 8 now, and these two pregnancies have definitely been harder on me than the twins were.  I'm just so stinking tired! 

But on the bright side, having two little helpers is totally worth it.  I've been very lucky that my two like to play and help me with their baby brother and are looking forward to adding a baby sister.  And because they are older, they understand more that I'm tired or slower at doing things or need a little extra help.

Welcome and congrats!

5. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Welcome to TS!  And congrats on your second set of double blessings!!  :wub: :wub:  Pregnancy is definitely harder the older you get, unfortunately.  My twins came 7 yrs after my singleton, and I spent most of their pregnancy on the couch! LOL  But you're going to have 2 wonderful little helper mommies there once your babies come! 

6. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

Welcome to TS and congrats!!

Tell us more about yourself and your family! I'm excited to get to know you!

7. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

My singleton pregnancy at 37 was equivalent to my twin pregnancy at 32, so I totally agree about it being harder as you get older!
    Congrats on the second set!!!

8. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

9. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Congrats! How exciting!

10. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:welcome: to TS!

Congratulations!

11. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Congrats!!

12. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

Congrats and welcome Allison! These ladies were instrumental in saving my sanity.
    You're going to love it here!