Can I brag about Jackson for a moment?

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by jxnsmama, Sep 19, 2007.

1. jxnsmama

jxnsmama Well-Known Member

Some of you may remember last year, when I shared our challenges with Jackson's level of homework, tendency not to concentrate in class, and disastrous desk. Third grade was a brutal year, plain and simple.

Yesterday, I picked him up at school after scouts, and HE suggested we go look at his desk! Three weeks of school have passed, and his desk is gorgeous! His teacher was there, so I spoke to her for a while. She's just wonderful and is far more interested in alternative ways to teach to gifted children than last year's teacher, who was all about paperwork (ugh!).

Anyway, I asked her how Jackson is doing, and her face lit up, and she said, "He is a definite leader, and he is so respectful. And I've noticed that he makes really wise choices. You know, at this age, they can start to make some bad choices based on what their friends are doing, but he always makes the right choices."

And on top of that, she said he's keeping up just fine in class and showed me the A- he got on a recent test.

:clapping: :D

I told Jackson I'm very proud of his schoolwork and grades, but I'm even more proud of how he handles himself at school, and I shared with him what the teacher said.

So many times (and I know this is true of all parents), I have felt like I just repeat myself over and over to my kids, and it just doesn't sink in, like I'm talking to a brick wall. But somehow, it IS getting through. I've often lamented my kids' growing up, but I can see a glimpse of how rewarding it could be to watch them behave in a way that reflects the values and morals we've tried to instill.

2. Ellen Barr

Ellen Barr Well-Known Member

Awwww! That's a great story! I can only imagine how proud of Jackson you must be -- heck, I'm proud of him! Way to go Jackson!! I'm really glad he's getting attention for his strengths and effort. What an awesome teacher.

3. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

That is awesome Jackson!! Way to go!!

4. ****mws****

****mws**** Banned

way to go jackson.. and jacksons momma:)

keep up the good work..

5. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

WTG Jackson :banana:

6. Katheryn

Katheryn Well-Known Member

That's wonderful, Amy! I'm so glad he's doing better this year :D .

7. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I am glad he is starting the year off right!

8. Marieber

Marieber Well-Known Member

:) You have every reason to be proud, Momma!

Good going, Jackson!

9. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

Congratulations on a job well done, Jackson!!

Amy, that is truly a testament to your wonderful parenting also. You take the time to be involved and concerned about his schoolwork and how he conducts himself. You need to take a lot of the credit here too. Not only do you have a terrific son, but he has one pretty fantastic mom!!

Oh, and it sounds as if Jackson will be having a great year at school. His teacher sounds wonderful!!

10. heathernd

heathernd Well-Known Member

Way to go Jackson, and mom and dad! Amy, this gives me hope. I am in the "broken record" phase of parenting, and I am praying for the day when the seed that I am sewing grows an actual crop. Keep up the good work and feel free to share your parenting tips because I could benefit from them!

11. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

Great turn around Jackson!

12. niftywriter

niftywriter Well-Known Member

That's great news, Amy! It sounds like everything has come together perfectly...great teacher, Jackson ready to "apply" what he already knew, and you! Jackson is off to a great year! And you know, I bet he'll never have another rough year like last year again...because even a bad teacher cannot undo things when you know everything has "clicked" for your son. He's there and he knows it. Wonderful news! I'm thrilled for Jackson and for you!!!

13. momoftwoangels

momoftwoangels Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Ellen Barr @ Sep 19 2007, 09:36 AM) [snapback]414335[/snapback]
    Awwww! That's a great story! I can only imagine how proud of Jackson you must be -- heck, I'm proud of him! Way to go Jackson!! I'm really glad he's getting attention for his strengths and effort. What an awesome teacher.

I feel the same way!!

Way to go Jackson

14. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(jxnsmama @ Sep 19 2007, 07:19 AM) [snapback]414304[/snapback]
    Anyway, I asked her how Jackson is doing, and her face lit up, and she said, "He is a definite leader, and he is so respectful. And I've noticed that he makes really wise choices. You know, at this age, they can start to make some bad choices based on what their friends are doing, but he always makes the right choices."

And on top of that, she said he's keeping up just fine in class and showed me the A- he got on a recent test.

:clapping: :D

I told Jackson I'm very proud of his schoolwork and grades, but I'm even more proud of how he handles himself at school, and I shared with him what the teacher said.

Amy, reading this literally brought tears to my eyes!! Icould feel your pride in your little man. I am so happy for you and him! What a great guy you are raising! heck, I feel so proud of JAckson right now and have never met him! :banana:

15. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

That is awesome Amy, but I am not surprised, he's got a great mom! WTG Jackson!! :)