can anyone reccomend a good baby monitor?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Erica92, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Erica92

Erica92 Well-Known Member

They will be sharing a room, we dont have any cordless phones but our neighbors (we live in a townhouse) do and we have wireless internet so technology is somewhat of an issue but its a 2000 sq ft home so it doesn't need to have a huge range. Ive considered the recccomendations in baby bargains but wouldd LOVE some personal opinions/experiences/reccomendations...

Thanks so much for any help....

2. shannonfilteau

shannonfilteau Well-Known Member

We have the 'Summer' video color monitor and LOVE it! Did I say that we LOVE it? We had to position it up high to get both cribs in, but we can see them both and couldn't have survived without it so far! If baby A is in bed and I am feeding or doing something with baby B, all I have to do is look on the monitor to check on them. Also at night it has night vision, gotta love that! I believe it was $170 +/- but I put it on my registry and got it from someone, it has been one of the BEST gifts I'll tell you!

3. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

We like the Sony Babycall monitor.

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

We have the Fisher Price Sound N Lights and I love it. It is very sensitive to their sounds which is nice and we have never had issues.

5. becky5

becky5 Guest

QUOTE(EmilyM @ Aug 28 2007, 07:23 PM) [snapback]384000[/snapback]
    We like the Sony Babycall monitor.

We have the same one!

6. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

Becky is following me again! :p
    Actually, I'm back here to say we liked the Sony one so much with Maggie, who we still use one with from time to time, we bought a second one for the twins.

7. jessben81

jessben81 Well-Known Member

We first had a Fisher Price Sounds and Lights and we really liked it until it stopped working after 6 months. One day the monitors just stopped giving out any sound. So we bought the Safety 1st Safe Glow Monitor and we haven't had a problem with it yet. HTH! :)

8. becky5

becky5 Guest

Becky is following me again! blum.gif

:ph34r:

9. traci_roo

traci_roo Well-Known Member

We have the angelcare monitors and I love them. It really helped make me less nervous in the beginning when I felt like I had to monitor their every breath.