Can anyone help me with Lua?

Discussion in 'General' started by Jerrims, Jun 11, 2024.

1. Jerrims

Jerrims Active Member

Hi everyone, I want to start learning Lua programming. Can anyone guide me on how to begin?

2. Divva

Divva Active Member

That's great to hear. Lua is a versatile and lightweight scripting language. To get started, I recommend downloading and installing Lua from the official website. You can follow the installation guide provided there. Any text editor will work for writing Lua scripts, such as Visual Studio Code, Sublime Text, or Notepad++. Learning the basics is crucial, and there are some great online tutorials and resources. The official Lua documentation is very comprehensive. Finally, practice by writing simple scripts to get a feel for the syntax and capabilities of Lua.

3. Korrians

Korrians Well-Known Member

Additionally, you might want to check out some resources like the book "Programming in Lua" by Roberto Ierusalimschy, which covers everything from the basics to more advanced topics. Websites like Lua-Users have a wealth of tutorials and community-contributed content. Being part of a community can be very helpful, so consider joining the Lua subreddit or the Lua Users mailing list to ask questions and share knowledge. For practice, you can start with simple projects like building a calculator, or scripting for games if you're interested in game development. Lua is widely used in game engines like LOVE2D and Roblox. You can also use trigon executor any time you want, i guess it is great script as well