Camping with 9 month olds?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by sstroessner404, Apr 21, 2010.

Have any of you taken your twins camping? My in-laws have an annual camping trip, and I'm already thinking about how we can make it work with our girls. They'll be 9 months old at the time, so I'm thinking they'll be rolling around, crawling... Pre-babies, we'd stay in a tent. Have any of you done that or would you recommend getting a room at the lodge?

1. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

my husband and I love to camp. But I told my husband family camp trips can't start until they are 2.5- 3 years old. Mostly because we camp in a tent, and I want them fully walking. I know that if we went camping any younger, It would be all me and I would rather have the comforts of home if I have to do most of it on my own!

2. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

We took our little ones camping last year a few times but had the luxury of a camper so it was a little easier; although the sleeping situation still had it's rough spots. Our camper is not wide enough for a pnp so we had to be clever about the sleeping arrangement. I would imagine a big enough tent would hold a couple pnp. I'd go for it. If the first night is bad than you can reacess whether the 2nd and so on is worth the battle! Good luck and have fun!

3. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

We are planning a camping trip in Sept and the girls will be 13 months. They are almost 9 months now and I would take them camping, however, I'm not sure I could do it without a camper. My dad has a huge toyhauler and we are borrowing that for our trip. If you decide to go, I would definitely bring a huge blanket and a superyard type thing. My girls are trying to eat everything right now so it would be impossible to put them down in the dirt without it ending up as mud in their bellies.

Good luck on whatever you decide!

4. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

We've gone several times. We stay in a tent and the babies sleep in the pnp. We've only gone in good weather. I put them in thick jammies and then their sleep sacks and a hat! They love to go.