called potential at-home daycare today

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by newtothis, Mar 9, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

so i bit the bullet and made the call. a couple of friends i work with use this woman and i asked her some questions.
    i think i feel ok.

all the kids sleep in pack and plays.
    mine have never slept in one. is this something they get used to?
    when i go back to work they will be about 14 mos. will they be down to one nap by then usually?

2. Idttwinboys22310

Idttwinboys22310 Active Member

I ran a daycare out of my home until I was 5 1/2 months pregnant with the twins and telling you out of experience all my kids (I had up to 5 plus my first son) slept in pack & plays just fine - even the kids who didn't often use pack in plays at their homes. If there's routines at this house your kids will be fine. And at 14 months my first son was still taking 2 naps. Hope I helped

3. ohd1974

ohd1974 Well-Known Member

At my daughters dayhome they use pack n plays and she slept fine in it, she had never used one before. She was down to one nap by then and the dayhomes have routines and all the kids adjust just fine. My twins are going there in Oct. and I don't have any concerns at all.

4. cat mommy

cat mommy Well-Known Member

My kids have slept in PNPs every single night since they came home and are very happy and comfy. But--I think the PNP instructions say they are not to be used once a child can stand up, which I'm assuming they will be doing by 14 months.

5. Chicklet

Chicklet Well-Known Member

I do home daycare as well and all my daycare kids sleep in pack and plays! They all do quite well :) The kids I had b/f I had the babies always had 2 naps until they were 17mo, but I just got two new kids who are 14 and 15 mo and they both take one a day. I like it better, but you have to do what's best for the individual child! Good luck w everything!

6. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

I'm just curious why you want to use an in home daycare vs. a regular daycare? I had my first son in an inhome daycare and I simply wasnt comfortable with only one adult around. There was no one to hold that adult accountable to how my child was being treated during the day. I hate to be cynical but you have no idea what goes on behind closed doors, and I am much more comfortable with several adults around. You also can talk to someone and really never no who they are or what they really do. IMO This is in no way saying that there arent good at home daycares I just am not comfortable with them for these reasons.