C-section recovery

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by pamallhoney, Jun 16, 2008.

1. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Last week my c-section incision was actually not hurting and starting to heal over really well. Then yesterday I noticed quite a bit of pain in one area. The area was also very red and underneath the skin it feels really hard where it is red. I don't have a fever, but I do not feel like myself. I just don't know what to expect with healing from a c-section. Is this normal to feel better and then have a few rough days?

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

For me I was more sore a few days later and I did have a red, hard spot that went away. But if you have any concerns or just don't feel right, I'd call your doctor to ask about it.

Hope you feel better!

ETA: Congrats on your boys!!!

3. rematuska

rematuska Well-Known Member

Congrats on your boys!

I don't know that it sounds too different than what happned during my recovery, but if you are worried at all, please call your dr. to check and make sure. I hope your recovery goes smoothly!

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! I second calling your doctor if your unsure. I hope it feels better soon :hug99: .

5. sulik110202

sulik110202 Well-Known Member

I had some good days and bad days in terms of pain after my c-section and the bad days always seemed to follow after I over exerted myself a bit. Like PP said though, if you are concerned, I would call your doctor.

Good luck with your new babies!

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

I think I would give your OB a call, just to be sure. Hope you are feeling better soon. :hug99:

7. ejiran

ejiran Well-Known Member

Repeating, but call your dr.

I felt really good after mine, but a week later, a blood vessel opened up and I had a lot of bleeding under the incision. My incision opened back up and I had to have another surgery to have the blood cleaned out and the incision closed. Better to call your doctor if you notice anything weird, then they can fix it right away.

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

QUOTE(becky5 @ Jun 17 2008, 08:14 AM) [snapback]830701[/snapback]
    I think I would give your OB a call, just to be sure. Hope you are feeling better soon. :hug99:

I agree. Congrats on your boys!

9. pamallhoney

Thanks girls. I'm not as worried reading your posts, but I do have to talk to my Dr. today to confirm that he didn't tie my tubes. So I'll ask about my incision too!

10. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

I had a hard spot under the top part of my incision as well. Turned out it had not been healing well and when they reopened it it oozed alot and I needed to have it packed due to being 5cm straight in of not being healed. I would defin. get it checked just to be on the safe side. Good luck!

11. pamallhoney

Update: I did have an infection! They aren't sure why after 4 weeks I would get an infection. It seems to be just in the skin and fat layer. It is actually more painful than the original incision. I'm on antibiotics. I hope this kicks the bacteria. I see my OB/GYN on Thursday. Hopefully I'll get some more answers. I'd appreciate all your prayers right now. Thank you.

12. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

QUOTE(pamallhoney @ Jun 17 2008, 11:51 PM) [snapback]832528[/snapback]
    Update: I did have an infection! They aren't sure why after 4 weeks I would get an infection. It seems to be just in the skin and fat layer. It is actually more painful than the original incision. I'm on antibiotics. I hope this kicks the bacteria. I see my OB/GYN on Thursday. Hopefully I'll get some more answers. I'd appreciate all your prayers right now. Thank you.

I too got an infection... it was gross! Make sure you keep it dry and clean... I was so paranoid that I ended up washing it like 5 times a day! A trick they taught me was to blow-dry it after your shower. Mine went away a couple days after starting the antibiotics but every time it itched, even just a little I freaked out. Luckily it went away pretty easily...
    Sorry you're going through this, and congrats on those babies!