C-Section Recovery 6.5 months later

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by carlylafont, Oct 24, 2009.

1. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

Does anyone else still have some pain around their c-section scar? I had my girls 6.5 months ago, and it doesn't hurt all the time, but since yesterday I have had pain around it. I did run yesterday, but I have been running for the last 2.5 months.

2. aimeemorgan1218

aimeemorgan1218 Well-Known Member

I haven't had pain around my c-section scar since 2 or 2.5 months postpartum. I do have numbness still (which is common.) I wouldn't worry if its just mild pain here and there, but if it starts happening 2 or 3 days a week, I'd call or go visit my OB-GYN.

Good luck!

3. becky5

becky5 Guest

At that point PP, I think I was still experiencing little twinges of pain. Now it's gone to some numbness/weird feeling instead.

4. mel&3

mel&3 Well-Known Member

I had an increase in pain at 12 weeks and it turned out to be a skin infection. May want to check with your ob to be on the safe side.

5. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

I had occasional pain on my c-sec scar for up to a year after wards. It was by no means constant pain, just every once in a while and more like twinges.

6. RG215

RG215 Well-Known Member

After my first son was born I had mild numbness and pain for about 9-12 months after they were born. This time around I was fine after 2 weeks and haven't experienced any numbness.

7. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

This was pretty much what I was experiencing. :good: Of course if you are worried at all, give your doctor a call. :hug:

8. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

I'm almost a year out and mine stills "hurts" every now and then. Not really sure what's going on but every once in awhile it gets me.

9. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

I'm still having occasional pain as well. Its not on top of the skin, but inside under the skin. I have terrible numbness still as well in the vaginal area.:(

10. lovemytwinsx2

lovemytwinsx2 Well-Known Member

I may have had slight pain for a couple weeks postpartum but nothing more...My scar looks really good, the docs did a really good job stitching me back up and been pain free ever since...Maybe ask your doc about it, seems unusual to have been that long after a C-Section.