Bye Bye Binkies!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Kellyx2, May 15, 2008.

1. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

The tips have been cut off of their binkies this evening. The ladiesare not happy! ;)

We rubbed their backs and they fell asleep.....not sure what will
    happen when they wake up! ...and lord knows what will happen for nap tomorrow!!!!

Wish me luck!!!

I had planned to take them away at 2 but lately they scream for their binki and it drives me nuts. I usually only give them for night and nap but they have been wanting them more often.....SO....it's time.....

2. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

Good luck Kelly!!! I hope it goes easily for you!!! :hug99:

(just out of curiosity, what's the purpose behind cutting tips off? Just to tick them off or what? Haven't heard of that~)

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I hope the screaming is short lived! :hug99: Are the cut off tips to serve as ear plugs for yourself? :winking0009:

4. Kellyx2

Kellyx2 Well-Known Member

When there is a hole in the end, they don't get the same satisfaction because they are sucking in air....and they don't like that. I tried it to be sure the hole was big enough!!!

5. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

Good luck Kelly. Remember to stay strong. Day 2 was the hardest for us and then they were fine. Keep us posted! :)

6. Maytwinsmom

Maytwinsmom Well-Known Member

My son is the only one who took to a "paci" Since he was 1, we only allowed it during sleep time, no other time, and especially not out of the house. About 1 month before turning 2, I accidently forgot to give it him before nap and once I remembered he was already sleep. So that night I didn't give it him, to see what would happen, he fell asleep ! It has now been a month and he hasn't asked for it. I can tell he missed it especially a few night when he had a cold, but we are now off paci !!!! We attribute our success to that we only allowed him to use at sleep time ( like you). I also think we were successful cause he was ready to give it up. Maybe you can replace binkie for a stuffed animal of their choice.