Buying supplies

Discussion in 'General' started by christinam, Jul 6, 2011.

1. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

When do you start buying books and such for the upcoming school year? I think it's still a bit early since I won't be starting until September. Just curious how organized everyone is.

2. Stacy A.

Stacy A. Well-Known Member

I just bought my books. I was waiting for money from a yard sale or I probably would have bought them earlier. As for supplies, I will get those when the back-to-school sales start. I still have some other stuff to get and I will get that as our budget allows. I want to get it all as soon as possible so I can start doing all my general planning and free up my time during the year for details. At least that is what I hope to do. But, we all know how that goes.

3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I just bought all my books. I'm going to use BFIAR and went ahead and bought the pack of books. I'm planning on using BFIAR with DD2 and the twins in the next couple of years too. I also bought a workbook and some cds toos. I don't have tons to plan since I'm using BFIAR but I feel better going ahead and ordering everything. I probably won't be able to really sit down and look at things until closer till the end of the month.

I plan to totally stock up on school supplies this year too!!!

4. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

I've put in some orders that haven't come yet. Have one that came this week. I'll stock up on paper, pens, etc when the back to school sales start. Sometimes I stagger things through the year a little (if it's books we'll start mid year), so all the expense isn't all at once.

5. jenn-

jenn- Well-Known Member

I need to get the curriculum ordered. We start Aug. 1 full steam and I only have math, because we needed that all summer, and the boys spelling, because we failed to complete it last year :blush: . I saw the Back to School signs up at Walmart today. :Clap: It's my favorite time to buy stuff I already have but can't find.

6. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

It seems nuts that the back to school stuff is out already. I heard an ad for somewhere having their B2S stuff on sale, too. Here, public school just got out like 3 weeks ago.