bumbo

Discussion in 'General' started by AKilburn, Aug 15, 2012.

1. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

(Moderators feel free to move this to the proper forum, im not sure where to put it)

There's a recall on 4 million bumbo ... Here's the article.

http://www.freep.com/article/20120815/BUSINESS07/120815011/Popular-Bumbo-infant-floor-seat-recalled

2. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

This doesn't surprise me at all.

3. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'll scoot it over to Recalls for you (a subforum under the Twinstuff Club).

4. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

Stephanie, I was doing it on my phone and couldn't figure out how to find the other forum, lol! Thanks

5. Silly_Putty

Silly_Putty Well-Known Member

It's not surprising, but it's ridiculous. It's not paying attention to your child. Don't leave them unattended! Don't put the seat on a counter! That's just stupid. And now they will have a seatbelt to remedy this? So the chair falls with them when they ignorant parent STILL leaves the child unattended?? I know lots of parents who have "duh" moments, myself included, but when I have them, they are my fault alone. I don't blame them on whatever company's product happened to be involved.

6. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

EXACTLY! Common sense says not to put a seat on a table.

7. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

We had these seats since the kids were a few months old and we love them. Of course, we only used them supervised and on the floor. It even says it on the label, and it should be common sense, just like with the bouncers - they are meant to be on the floor. My kids aren't able to get out of these seats without any help, so I don't see why they need a seatbelt. Even now at almost 2 - they still like using them.

I really think seating in these seats helped my kids with their digestive issues - they used to be constipated as infants and when we started to put them in these seats after a bottle (around 3-4 months) they would go easily. I am not sure if it's related, but my friend who sent these to me as a present said she noticed the same thing about her kids also. Maybe it's because they go from being on their back all day to being seated for the first time.

Anyway, it's a nice baby product and I am sorry to see it's getting a bad reputation just because people don't use common sense.