BRU discount

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mikesteg, Jul 15, 2009.

1. mikesteg

mikesteg Active Member

Ladies (and gentlemen), what has been our experience using the BRU multiple birth discount? DW was denied the discount on bedding sets. I went back with a printout of the policy from their website and got the difference refunded. However I went to buy (2 identical) mattresses yesterday and they would not apply the discount (so I didn't buy them... everybody loses!)

At our store, there seems to be a burden of proof on the buyer: you have to prove the item is specifically listed in the policy or no discount. It seems to me that when you specifically list "furniture" and "bedding sets" that the item that literally goes between them would also be included. Do other stores have a more reasonable approach?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. orangeyaglad

orangeyaglad Well-Known Member

We have never had a problem with their multiples discount. Even when purchasing little items such as sheets. I guess it depends on the store because I have heard of others having issues with different stores.

3. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It might just be those folks in Arkansas. . .the Florida people are a-okay with it.

I only used twice on car seats. . .most of the other big stuff I found cheaper at other stores, even with the discount.

4. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

Arkansas?...I thought the 1st poster was in Texas.

No problems back home at our AR store

5. tiff12080

tiff12080 Well-Known Member

At mine I think it has to be a certain $amount because they wouldn't apply it to the sleep sacs.

6. beckman445

beckman445 Well-Known Member

A worker at our BRU said it had to be items over $50. But I specifically asked about things like patterns - because I remember some posters saying their stores required it to be exactly, exactly the same- and she said that didn't matter. So, I think BRU corporate has just done a sucky job of making sure each store is applying it the same way.

Laura

7. mikesteg

mikesteg Active Member

Thanks. That was kind of what I figured. Like I said, I had to bring in the policy to show the manager... and then she gave me a 15% discount! After they frustrated DW and caused me to drive out of my way to come back, I didn't point out the error. :pig:

We have another BRU store down south, but that's 30 miles away and they currently don't have the item in stock. We're going to try Burlington again, and if that doesn't work go online. I'm big with online shopping (I actually bought a hot tub that way) but this is one of those things that we really want to poke and prod before buying.

Thanks again for the responses!

Mike

8. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Round Rock, Little Rock. . .hey, both states SUCK!! :p

Oooh, let's split the difference and call it Texarkana!

9. Utopia122

Utopia122 Well-Known Member

When I called TRU they told me it was big ticket items that was over $50 and had to be identical. I don't know if you have a Burlington Coat Factory, but they also sell baby items and give twins discount for big ticket items that are identical. I believe their discount is 20%...here is a link to where I found my info... Maybe you can try there as well if you have one close by.
    My link

From my understanding, most stores don't even advertise this discount, and most employees aren't even aware of the discount, so no wonder there is so much misunderstanding as to what can be used towards the discount and what can't.

1 person likes this.
  10. where do you find the bru discount policy? I want to try and use it.

1 person likes this.
  11. mikesteg

mikesteg Active Member

No doubt, but it should at least be detailed in a binder under the register. Of course, it may well be and they didn't even think to reference that.

We do have a Burlington. In fact, we got our furniture there and saved ~$220 using the discount. It is 20%, but only on the second item so equivalant to BRU. Though the BRU discount applies to all items (when it applies at all), so if you needed 3 items it would be slightly better.

12. mikesteg

mikesteg Active Member

http://www2.toysrus.com/guest/faqs.cfm#3

13. Pitbullzz

Pitbullzz Well-Known Member

LOL...just trying to keep the facts straight. I haven't had any issues with BRU here(so far) with the discount. Not my fault you failed Geography or don't know you State Flags ;)

Ah...a State is a State...I gotta go wherever Uncle Sam tells me. I even lived in Tampa for a bit. Maybe I even drove by your place a few times on Nebraska Ave... :shok: