Britax Regent?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Jaci, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Jaci

Jaci Well-Known Member

With all the posts about the importance of 5 point harnesses, I am rethinking my choice of seats for the kiddos and looking for input.

My middle son (4) is in a Graco booster which uses the seatbelt. The twins are in the Britax Roundabouts, which they can only use up to 40". Instead of buying them standard boosters which all seem to use the seatbelt after 40 lbs, I'm considering the Britaz Regent, as it has a 5 pt. harness system that a child can use up to 80 pounds.

Anyone have the Britax Regent? Any input is helpful, thanks!!

JC

2. Jaci

Jaci Well-Known Member

With all the posts about the importance of 5 point harnesses, I am rethinking my choice of seats for the kiddos and looking for input.

My middle son (4) is in a Graco booster which uses the seatbelt. The twins are in the Britax Roundabouts, which they can only use up to 40". Instead of buying them standard boosters which all seem to use the seatbelt after 40 lbs, I'm considering the Britaz Regent, as it has a 5 pt. harness system that a child can use up to 80 pounds.

Anyone have the Britax Regent? Any input is helpful, thanks!!

JC

3. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

A good friend of mine has it. It used to be called the "husky". She got it for her 50+ lb 3.5 year old. It's good until 80 lbs I think. The only thing is that it is HUGE and it is not FAA approved, so you can't take it on airplanes and it takes up alot of room in your backseat. Although that's probably not much of a problem if you have a van or another large car. HTH [​IMG]

4. Elizabeth H

Elizabeth H Well-Known Member

My girls grew out of their convertible car seats but aren't ready for boosters yet so I had to break down and buy a new convertible car seats. I bought the Sunshine Kids Radian just the other day so I haven't tested them out yet. But it can harness up to 65 lbs and goes 18 inches for torso. I think the REgent is 19 inches for torso. I got the Radian on sale through Albee Baby online. I don't plan on keeping the girls harnessed past 6 or 7 any way so I decided not to shell out the money for the Regent plus it is HUGE. I think it's 21.5 inches across wide so it was wider than my seats. I need something smaller to fit three carseats across on my bench seat in my SUV. Also the Regent is sold out in a lot of online stores because of that video. The only place that sells it that I've seen online is babycenter.com.

Here is the Radian if you are interested. It gets really good reviews. http://www.specialtybaby.com/sukiracarseg.html I've also heard good things about the Regent so I definitely don't think you could go wrong with that one either.

Elizabeth