Britax or Evenflo?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Kyrstyn, Feb 23, 2008.

?

Britax or Evenflo?

1. Britax Marathon

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Britax Roundabout

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Evenflo Triumph

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I am looking into getting the girls their convertible car seats (yay for Tax Refunds!!) and I am leaning towards the Britax Marathon because it goes to 65lbs. I didn't want to make such a big decision without consulting you ladies first. I want to hear the good, the bad and the ugly about your convertible carseats. Thanks!!

2. nurseandrea02

nurseandrea02 Well-Known Member

I LOVE our Evenflos & the boys seem to as well. We originally had the Britax Boulevard & weren't happy with it (mainly the crotch strap) but my boys cried & cried while in them. So, we tried the Marathons & same thing with the crotch strap & the boys not liking them.

So now we have the Triumph Advance & Triumph Premiers. They seem happy in both.

Good luck deciding. I'd recommend trying your girls in them at the store before purchasing. Had I tried my boys in the Britax, I may have rethought my decisions. Also, I mainly went with Britax due to how high they rate in safety, but the Evenflos also rate very high. I'd rather my boys be safe AND happy!

3. laura519

laura519 Well-Known Member

Evenflo Triumph DLX!!! They are so comfy looking...every time I put the girls in, I think to myself that I would love to curl up in one and take a nap :D They are really easy to use and the girls enjoy riding in them.

4. benderboys

benderboys Well-Known Member

I have the Britax Boulevards and so far so good. I had read reviews that mentioned the crotch strap being an issue but decided to try them anyway. The boys love the carseats and I love the side impact safety thing (like my technical terms?). I really think that the main issue would be if your babies are comfortable in them, so definitely try the carseats in the store (if possible).

5. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

My boys love their Evenflo Triumph Advanced and I even put my older DD in one occassionally when she wants to ride in their seat now that they are forward facing and she is 3 and 35# and it still looks comfy for her!

6. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

I went with two Roundabouts. I was really torn between Marathon and Roundabout but I got a great deal on the Roundabouts ($88 each) so I couldn't pass it up. I really like them. Now I am trying to decide what to get for the other car, and I am probably going with the Marathons.

7. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

i got 2 marathons, since my kids are on the petite side (jake is still in his bucket until i install his Marathon) - this should hold us until 5 or 6 when they are ready for boosters.

Becca seems happy in the marathon, I haven't tried Jake yet. I've heard the crotch strap issue, but i'm not sure how it's any different than any other. I'll let you know if Jake protests, but since you have two girls, shouldn't be an issue.

For really great info, check out www.car-seat.org. They were a huge help to me.

I was originally planning to get the roundabout (smaller and a bit cheaper) and hoping that would last until they are ready for boosters. But after reading how its important to keep kids in 5 point harnesses as long as possible, I went with the bigger Marathons.

8. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I am a big Marathon fan because they last long. They go up to 65lbs and the top slots are 17.5", higher than the Evenflo (17") and way higher than the Roundabout. Many kids outgrow the seat first by height and if you get the Roundabout you'll most likely end up buying another convertible car seat. Another option would be the Radian which my oldest currently has (she's 95%). The top slots are higher than the Marathon and they can go over. The weight limit is either 65 or 80lbs (depending on which one you get). Personally I think Roundabouts are a waste of money unless you really have peanuts (but even than ... my friend's peanut still grew out of his at age 3 1/2). Booster require a minimum of 40lbs and 4 yo (recommended by any car seat technician, AAP, etc.).

9. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

Evenflo Triumph - they hold the kids in well and they were cheap ($100 each with free shipping)...quite honestly I don't think Britax is that much better and I can't justify $270 for a carseat when I need 2!

10. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

We just bought our Evenflos and they are still in the boxes. I debated for about 2 months and after listening to the advice of my Twinstuff friends, weighing the safety of the seats, and deciding what fit in our budget, we went with the Evenflos. My suggestion is to take them to your car and make sure they fit. I heard the Evenflo Titan was ranked very high in safety and was only $99, but it didn't fit in our car when it was rear facing. The Triumph fit the same as the infant carriers. Don't forget that BRU has the twin discount when you are pricing places to buy your seats! We found that with a few coupons and the twin discount, we saved about $75.

11. CHJH

CHJH Well-Known Member

We love, love, love our Evenflo Triumph car seats. We had the Alpha Omega Elites and returned them because they were just too bulky. What does a baby need an arm rest for anyway? When you have to squeeze 2 seats into a car, space is a priority. The Triumph seats are safe, comfortable, and very affordable. Highly recommended by Consumer Reports too.

12. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Feb 24 2008, 02:44 PM) [snapback]638068[/snapback]
    Evenflo Triumph - they hold the kids in well and they were cheap ($100 each with free shipping)...quite honestly I don't think Britax is that much better and I can't justify $270 for a carseat when I need 2!

I paid $209 including free shipping and no tax for my Marathons, still more expensive, but they'll last longer as well. Definitely worth checking out the internet for great Marathon deals.

13. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

I went with the marathons and LOVE them... ;) My mom and step-dad went in half on one with me and my dad bought the other... :) I think they are well worth the money and i got mine for like 215.00 each and free shipping. Good luck with your choice... :)

14. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

We are very happy with our Britax Marathons. I think we got them at Baby Age during a sale and also paid no tax and no shipping.

15. Saramcc

Saramcc Well-Known Member

There was a recall on Evenflo car seats not too long ago

16. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

I voted Roundabout, but really we have two Roundabouts and two Marathons now. We wanted the Roundabouts because they felt safer to us when they are on the smaller side, and they will be easier to deal with when we fly this summer. But I felt it was important for both of our vehicles to have car seats and didn't want to spend the money on Roundabouts again with the lower weight limit, so the car that they are almost never in has two Marathons.

17. serranoboys

serranoboys Well-Known Member

QUOTE(bday111707 @ Feb 27 2008, 07:53 PM) [snapback]643381[/snapback]
    There was a recall on Evenflo car seats not too long ago

I saw this too and assumed it was the Triumph but it wasn't. I love the Triumph. We have one of those and a Cosco Alpha Omega Elite. This was the cheaper one and I actually like it better. It looks so comfy and cushioned. I like them both so far. My boys are like different babies now that we've switched from the infant carrier to these!

18. momlissa

momlissa Well-Known Member

I voted Roundabout. I am a Britax gal.

We did Roundabout for DD when it was time, have Decathalons for the boys right now and Evenflo for day care purposes.

19. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I am very happy with our Marathons.

I got it from THIS web site. Customer service was great. Tell them you have twins. I think it was free shipping and 10% off and no tax(like you would pay at BRU).

20. AshleyLD

AshleyLD Well-Known Member

Britax marathons here! I love them.. I read all the short strap things and went for it anyhow. I have not had a problem yet at all! They actually look more comphy in thes than in the carriers.. ;)