Bringing my breast milk back in

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by Brown Eyed Gurl, Sep 19, 2008.

1. Brown Eyed Gurl

Brown Eyed Gurl Well-Known Member

I wanted more than anything to breast feed but being so busy with my babies my milk supply was never good enough to support 2 babies actually even pumping every 3 hours it wasn't enough for even one of them....but now I'm back working I'm eating and drinking better and my milk still isn't gone completely is it possible to restart pumping to get my milk in better? My twins aren't doing the best on the formula and I really really wanted to b/f them solely. I have some reglan at home would this help to take again?

2. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

It sounds as if it isn't too late. I would talk to your doctor about getting a prescription to help your supply but you can do it. Have you tried breastfeeding? Or have you just been pumping? Breastfeeding is the BEST way of upping your supply. Babies have the inate ability to get milk that no other method can. I do understand not having time! :hug: I hope it gets better!

3. Brown Eyed Gurl

I have a prescription of reglan at home and I still have the rental pump so I guess it's just up to me.....I've been trying to get my babies to b/f again but they aren't latching my son never really ever got the hang of it and DD was doing good but now she doesn't want to I haven't been b/fing at all since around 3 weeks cause I just got fed up.......but I will start pumping again and work on getting them to latch again.

4. ejradcliffe

ejradcliffe Well-Known Member

It definitely doesn't sound like it's too late! And remember that even some breastmilk is worthwhile for the babies. Definitely keep trying to get them to bf... that's the best way to increase supply. And good for you for wanting to make this work! You can do it!!

5. Brown Eyed Gurl

I want this more than anything I think it's what's best for them and I was devistated before when I was getting less than an oz at times but I'm increasing my water and food intake and praying to get back on track

6. hsuter

hsuter Well-Known Member

I'm so glad someone asked about this. My babies are a week old now and for the last few days I've only pumped 1-2 times a day. Neither baby is able to effectively latch on yet so I can only pump. I am going to talk to my OB about that medication and I guess I will just pump every 2-3hrs from now on to see if I can get my supply back up?!

7. julesbabies

julesbabies Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Hsuter @ Sep 21 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]990294[/snapback]
    I'm so glad someone asked about this. My babies are a week old now and for the last few days I've only pumped 1-2 times a day. Neither baby is able to effectively latch on yet so I can only pump. I am going to talk to my OB about that medication and I guess I will just pump every 2-3hrs from now on to see if I can get my supply back up?!

get lots of support and keep on going! You can do it and so can the babies, babies are smart.

You can do it.