Bringing a lunch to share with friends?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SMax, Jun 27, 2011.

1. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

We are traveling out-of-town for the 4th of July weekend. On our trip, we will be stopping off to see my good friend who recently had her second child (and this little guy is nothing like her first baby which was very, very mellow and easy).

Because she is having such a rough time right now, I would like to bring lunch rather than have her worry about feeding 4 adults and 3 almost-3-year-olds. Does anyone have any good suggestions? We will be traveling for 3 days prior, so it would have to be something that I can pick up at the store that morning AND be toddler-friendly.

Thanks for any input!!

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Pasta & meatballs with a loaf of garlic bread & premade salad?

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

What about Heavenly Ham or something similar? Or ordering take-out from a favorite spot?
    You could call ahead of time maybe and just pick it up right before going to her house.

4. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

I'd go for take-out, too. Less stress, everyone can get something they like, and take out is always a nice treat!

5. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Find a grocery store with a deli and order sandwiches. If you're going to the SouthEast (i.e. FL, GA, and a few other states Publix is a great grocery store with Deli. Or Wegman's) is another grocery store with a great deli. Get a small veggie tray too.

6. debbie_long83

debbie_long83 Well-Known Member

Ditto! I think that's a great idea. If you didn't want sandwiches, most delis like that also have chicken strips and things.

Take out is also a great option. Then you don't have as much clean up as you do with cooking. ;)

7. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'd go with take out myself. Find out a favorite restaurant of hers/theirs, and go with that. Less for all of you do to, and maybe more time for you to help out(if needed/wanted), instead of cooking, prepping, cleaning. Oh-and look for someone that delivers! ;)

If take out isn't an option...pasta is a quick meal and there are frozen meatballs sold. So, I agree with Michelle on pasta/meatballs/bread/salad. Super quick and easy.

8. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness!! Publix has the best sub sandwiches!!!

9. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know! I'm counting down the days until I'm back in FL, first thing I'm doing off the plane? Going to Publix and getting a sub. Or two.

10. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

You can also do a rotisserie chicken, picnic salads (macaroni, potato etc) from a grocery store deli. Chips, crackers, and fruit always make a good toddler meal.

11. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Boston Market does good "homestyle" meals. You can get rotisserie chickens, meatloaf, turkey, and tons of toddler-friendly sides. :)

12. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

You gals are GREAT! Lots of good ideas! I have not had the time/brainpower to devote to worrying about this. Thanks for your help!!