breech babies

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Farrah, Apr 6, 2009.

1. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

Anyone have any tips on how to get babies to turn before birth??

Any successful stories??

I know they still have time to turn but they have been in this position FOREVER!! Baby B turned head down but for only a week now they are right back with B being breech and A is head down...I do have the option of delivering and hoping that B will turn (which I am taking) but I just thought if I could help her turn before hand that would be even better!

Has anyone else had babies in the same position everytime the do an ultrasound and then have them change positions at the very end?

2. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2moreontheway @ Apr 6 2009, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1260897[/snapback]
    Anyone have any tips on how to get babies to turn before birth??

Any successful stories??

I know they still have time to turn but they have been in this position FOREVER!! Baby B turned head down but for only a week now they are right back with B being breech and A is head down...I do have the option of delivering and hoping that B will turn (which I am taking) but I just thought if I could help her turn before hand that would be even better!

Has anyone else had babies in the same position everytime the do an ultrasound and then have them change positions at the very end?

i would like to know this too. i have one baby transverse and one baby is oblique breech! it seems like at 29 weeks there's no hope for them moving!

3. lovelylily

lovelylily Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2moreontheway @ Apr 6 2009, 11:09 AM) [snapback]1260897[/snapback]

Yes, but not in the way you are looking for ;) Mine were both head down from early on, but once DD (baby A) was born, DS flipped breech because of all the room he suddenly had. He was born breech only a minute after his sister. It all went really well. Hope you have a smooth delivery also!

4. mrschenoweth

mrschenoweth Well-Known Member

I am currently 37 weeks. Last Wednesday my u/s showed both babies in breech position. A few weeks earlier, baby B was head down. Before that, both were head down. I don't know how they find the room, but somehow they do find room to flip even towards the very end. Now I don't know how you could make them flip, but I know it is possible for them to do it on their own even this late in the game. Good luck!

5. tpowers

tpowers Well-Known Member

Mine were both head down until 35 weeks. Between 34 and 35 weeks baby B flipped to breech. It could happen the other way too. My Dr. will just deliver him breech if necessary.

6. ptyflack1

ptyflack1 Well-Known Member

In my case baby A is cephalic- head down and B is Breach. My Doc sais that's the way he likes it. He will manually uggh bring B down. He informed me that if I let nature take it's course that B may cause labor to go on a few more hours.

Sometimes baby B will just drop immediately after baby A is delivered, I guess b\c more room.

Either way I foresee a DOC's hand and arm going where after my DH witnesses; HE mAY NEVER RETURN. :lol:

7. Kaelan

Kaelan Well-Known Member

My baby A turned from breech to vertex at 35 weeks, and he's almost 6 pounds already, so they can do it. Now i just wish they were ready to be born. <_<

36W2D mono/di boys

8. kgar

kgar Well-Known Member

QUOTE(indisbelief @ Apr 6 2009, 11:40 AM) [snapback]1261084[/snapback]
    My baby A turned from breech to vertex at 35 weeks, and he's almost 6 pounds already, so they can do it. Now i just wish they were ready to be born. <_<
    36W2D mono/di boys

I have read that placing headphones on your lower abdomen and playing music for the babies or having your partner talk to the babies at the lower abdominal level can sometimes prompt the babies to turn and move towards the sound. I have no idea if it works, but I'm going to try it.

9. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

10. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

11. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

QUOTE(2moreontheway @ Apr 6 2009, 03:31 PM) [snapback]1261388[/snapback]
    Thank you...I will give this a shot!!!!!!!! Thinking positive the whole time!!!!!

Good luck! I found some of the moves that caused more room in there actually did help.

12. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

My boy (B) turned breech (from head down) between 26 and 30 weeks and never turned back. He was born by breech extraction, 4 minutes after his sister came out. Very simple and uneventful. You can still have a vaginal birth as long as A is down.

13. Kaboobie

Kaboobie Active Member

My babies were both breech/transverse until last week and now they are head down/ transverse (but trying to be head down.) It can happen pretty late. Sometimes they are just stubborn. Good luck!