Braxton Hicks at 15 weeks?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by TwinsItIs, Mar 9, 2011.

1. TwinsItIs

TwinsItIs Well-Known Member

This is my first post in this forum for this pregnancy. :)

I'm not sure what I'm feeling, but to me it seems like BH. Is it possible to feel BH at 15 weeks already? I'm a little unnerved by what I'm feeling, but it's definitely some sort of 'tightening' in the area of my uterus. It's not painful, but just feels 'tight'.

2. Henderson

Henderson Well-Known Member

mine started about 16 weeks I think it feels like a tighhtening that starts low and heads upwards like a "wave" but now I'm so big I feel it all the way up to my chest now! Just make sure you stay very hydrated I've read for twins it's 16 glasses a day! I find if I have anything less than that I get more braxton hicks!
    And welcome!! :)

3. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Mine started at the 17-18 week mark. It is possible.

4. TwinsItIs

Thanks. I just hope I still have time until any sort of 'issues' or complications start.

5. TrishaLinn

TrishaLinn Well-Known Member

My Braxton Hicks started around 14-15 weeks this time. Painless tightening of the uterus. I have a history of pre-term labor and was having a LOT of them so that wasn't good. The doctor started me on progesterone injections and I've had very very minimal contractions since.

6. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I believe (my memory is starting to get fuzzy now ;) ) that I had BH very mildly around them if I moved wrong or if I wasn't hydrated. I do think the calcium and magnesium supplements helped to keep me from having any huge BH until the day before I went into labor. At the time I thought they were contractions- until I felt an actual contraction. :lol:

7. TwinsItIs

How many is a lot?

How many mg did you take of each?

8. cheezewhiz24

I know some don't like it, but I used Dr. Barbara Luke's book. HERE is what she says about vitamins. Specifically, I copied the part about calcium and magnesium below for you.
    I started with a 1/2 dose, originally b/c I had bad heartburn and heard it would help- and it did. But then I upped it to the regular dose for women pregnant with twins b/c the heartburn returned.

9. TwinsItIs

I'll hopefully read your post later. I just wanted to write that I called my doc because it felt too 'regular' and I was uneasy. After timing it and calling him back, he wants to see me in the hospital, so I'm heading down now. I'm terrified. It's way too early. :(

10. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Big hugs Esther. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

11. ljcrochet

ljcrochet Well-Known Member TS Moderator

12. Tamaralynn

I hope all is ok. THinking of you

13. TwinsItIs

Just came home and wanted to update: it seems to be a UTI that's irritating my uterus. I hope once the antibiotics kick in the contractions will stop. I'm dealing with so much anxiety about this pregnancy as is, I'm just not ready for this.

1 person likes this.
  14. Tamaralynn

Hopefully once the antibiotics kick in, the contractions will stop. I Had the same thing happen to me at 28 weeks. Drink lots and take it easy. Try and drink some cranberry juice too, it will help with the UTI

15. cheezewhiz24

I'm very glad it's an uti (fixable) and you followed your gut and went in. :hug:

16. TwinsItIs

Thanks for this information. I'll have to find pills that are small enough for my lapband to tolerate.

17. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Oh Esther!! I hate that you have a UTI but I am glad you know what is causing the problem and can fix it!!!

18. cheezewhiz24

I used chewables from Whole Foods as I can't swallow pills. :) I just tried to find something with the correct ratios and did the math myself for how many to take. (I was so paranoid I checked and re-checked my work about 5 times!)