Boys winter boots

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by w101ttd, Oct 20, 2012.

1. w101ttd

w101ttd Well-Known Member

Hello ladies, hope you all are having a wonderful weekend with your family. I am looking a warm light winter boots for my son. But I cant find one. I bought my girl a pair of chalet boots(pull up with faux fur inside) at childrens place. those are great, super light warm and so easy to put on. She looks so cute in leggy and boots. I am looking to buy my son a pair as well. But I cant find one for boy. Is it ok if I just buy a pair just like my daughters but black or grey color? I havent seen boys worn them so I am not sure. In the winter time, we sometimes go out for breakfast (or over my parents) in microfleece footed pjs. And those boots are perfect for footed pjs. Do you have any suggestions? Thank you so much!!!!!

http://www.childrensplace.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_10001_10001_-1_916623_627473_25851%7C61673_baby%20girl%7Cshoes_babygirl

2. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

I know!!!! It drives me nuts. I was looking for some for my daughter, but couldn't find any for my son, so I just gave up. It's just so silly that boys can't have boots?

3. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

I think it would be fine to get your son the same in black/grey. He won't know the difference and it's not like other children are going to notice or care at that age.

1 person likes this.
  4. SC

SC Well-Known Member

I just ordered some online from Stride Rite. The brand is Kamik and I believe they had three different styles. They have a removable inner liner so can be adjusted for the weather. In general, I find there's not much to choose from for toddler boys.

5. w101ttd

Thank you do much ladies. I will order a black pair for him and will look around for another boy boots. I feel bad every time I shop for their clothes. It's so easy to ago for my girl. But it's so hard to shop for my boy. There are not so many cute clothes for boys, but tons tons for girls.

Thank you and have a good night

6. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Ah, yes, I agree with you, Vanessa has so much more clothes than Max, because there is so much variety for girls. The one thing that annoys me about girl clothes, is that they make the long sleeves shirts so light and Vanessa can't stand layers. The boy long sleeves shirts are thicker than the girl long sleeves tops - I don't understand why they don't make the girl ones from the same kind of fabric they make the boy ones.

And about the boots - I think your boy will be fine in the girl ones in black - they look OK for a toddler boy to me - I know the boy boots Childrens Place sells are so heavy.

7. w101ttd

Totally agreed. Those girl therma shirts are way too thinner then boys shirts. I always dress my kids in 2 layers all yr around. Just when it's like from 90-100, then we are in 1 layer. And they get used to it and never complain.

It's so easy to make girls super cute. But it's hard for boys. My boy loves spider man and scoobedoo. I buy tons of Disney tshirts for him. I always dress him inside therma long sleeve tshirt, outside is disney tshirt and jeans. He also has baby blue high top Nike sneakers and spider man sneakers. He always looks super cute in this style. But I run out of ideas for his fashion lol