Boy Name Poll

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by luvrkids, Apr 28, 2012.

?

Whats your thoughts?

1. Logan Andrew

43.5%
  2. Colby Andrew nn Cole

56.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

I'm almost 23 weeks pregnant with a boy and we have narrowed it down to two names....I think;) Why are boy names so hard? Dh like one of these names more then the other and I like the opposite of what he likes more then the other....Grrr :grr:
    My other Childrens names are Chris(Boy) Reese(Girl) & Rylee(Girl) not sure if that makes a difference in your vote, although I think both names above go well with sibs!!!! Thanks :babyflips:

2. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Boys names are tough! I like the idea that your boys start with C and your girls with R.

3. luvrkids

Yeah I like that too.....Is the whole cheese thing really a issue with Colby? It really doesnt bother me but thats what I usually get from people when I say Colby and plus I think Logan is so much more common that its not scary to other people...Its not like we would name him Colby Jack even though its cute!!! Thanks:)

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Not for me but I like cheese and you going to call him Cole so probably not so much.

5. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Boys names are sooo hard! I picked Logan. :)

6. Tamaralynn

Why don't you just use Cole instead of Colby?

1 person likes this.
  7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I picked Colby, but I agree with Slipper, what about just using Cole? Since you have R names for your girls I like having the C names for your boys. But I'm kinda anal about symmetry in stuff like that ;)

Chris, Reese, Rylee and Cole flows nice ;)

8. oma

oma Member

Our friends have a son named Colby, and I never once associated it with the cheese! Guess I will now. I do prefer Cole, but I think it's because I only know children named Colby, and can't imagine an adult with that name.

9. luvrkids

I really dont like Cole as a first name, I dont know why but I just really like the name Colby and it would be okay for other people, family, friends to call him Cole....My ods name is Christopher but goes mostly by Chris, I like that he can use either name. I was just talking to dh today about how I really dont like that my dd's names dont have a nn's, we have pet names for them, I think its because my name is Amy and you really cant go anywhere else with it as far a nn's.

Another thing I like is the 5 letters in their name.... Chris, Colby, Reese, Rylee!!

Thanks ladies:)

10. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

I like Cole or Colby, but if the cheese thing bothers you, I think you can go with Cole, like Sleeper said. Also, I agree boy names are harder.

11. Amycplus

Amycplus Well-Known Member

I like both, and agree with others that Cole would be a good stand alone. Howerver, being an Amy too, I know what you mean about nicknames. Seeing as both options have Andrew as the middle name, what about that as his first and call him Drew? Just a thought...

12. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I have never associated the name Colby with cheese!! ( nor have I thought of Colby Jack as a name but it is stinking cute!! LOL!!)

13. luvrkids

We have thought a lot about Andrew but we both have family members(cousins) with that name plus he doesnt like the nn Drew and I dont like the NN Andy ao we finally said no to that one:( Dh just brought up the name Easton today. I'm not a fan but he and others seem to be liking it quite a bit. So we are thinking Logan is out and Easton is in...Posible Easton Andrew or Colby Easton. Colby Andrew is still my #1

14. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I say Colby/Cole too!

15. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

I definitely didn't think of the cheese either, but Logan always reminds me of that boyfriend in the Babysitters Club books (someone else please say they remember that!). I like Cole/Colby or Easton.

2 people like this.
  16. DblStuffOreo

DblStuffOreo Well-Known Member

We have a Cole and a Logan in our family and both are really cool kids, so I can't decide between the two (feels like taking sides). But, IMHO, I do think Easton is quite a name for a little guy that doesn't have any NNs that come readily to mind. And I have found that most parents whose kids are longer than one syllable end out finding some abbreviated version of their name or using a nick name that is only one syllable. Such as shortening Colby to "Cole." Would you call him simply "E?" Do you shorten Rylee at all? If you use her full name, a two syllable name like Easton may not be so bad. If, however, you call her Rye or Lee more often than Rylee, Easton may not fit with your name flow.

17. Tamaralynn

lol! I do! That didn't come to mind though. My best friend is having a boy and is due in 3 weeks and his name is going to be Logan. :)

18. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Oh I LOVE LOVE LOVE the name Easton!!! My little guy is Easton Asher!

1 person likes this.
  19. luvrkids

We use the nn for our son Christopher..Chris. We us the nn's for our daughters Reese and Rylee...Reesie sometimes Ree, and for Rylee... Rye. If I use Colby we would most likely use the nn Cole a lot!!!

20. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My children are named Reese (girl) and Ryder (boy) and we call them Reesie and Ry a lot too :)
    I like Easton and Colby/Cole.