Boy Girl Names starting with "L"

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by PinkDiamonds, Jul 20, 2010.

1. PinkDiamonds

PinkDiamonds Well-Known Member

hi all, totally clueless about what to name our b/g twins. hubby would like to have "unique" names starting with the letter L. We don't need middle names. initially i suggested names like Lucas, Letitia, Lizbeth but he thinks they're too common. I'm running out of creative juices. For reference my elder girl is Lauralynn. (I then decided how about Marilynn for the twin girl, but would still need a boy name to go with it.)

thanks in advance every1!

2. Haley'sHope

Haley'sHope Well-Known Member

I have a friend with twin girls and one of them is named Lydian. I think it's a beautiful name. My older brother is Lane. I think Lydian and Lane would be nice names for your babies.

3. Fossie

Fossie Well-Known Member

Well, let's see boy/girl names that are unusal starting with the letter L.

Lena and Leo

Lauretta and Lyle

Livia and Levi

Linzy and Lucas

Lacie and Lance

Liana and Lewis

Lauraine and Lucian

4. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

How about:

Lyndi
    Lola
    Lila (or Lyla?)
    Lynette

Landon
    Lyle
    Lane
    Lucas

5. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I know these aren't the most unique names, but I love Lily and Logan for twins. If we were having b/g that's what I really wanted! I also like Layla and Logan or Lola and Logan.

6. luvrkids

luvrkids Well-Known Member

LUKE / LILIAN/ LILITH
    LEELYN / LEA
    LESTER / LYDIA
    MARILYNN / MITCHELL / MICHAEL / MICK / MORGAN / MARVIN / MASON / MARTY

7. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

I LOVE Loraine. And, of course, Lia, but Leah is very common right now so I'm sure your DH won't agree on it.
    Luca/Micah--I've known a boy and a girl of each (not both L names but I'm thinking you like matching names? And you mentioned an M name)

8. chatongris

chatongris Well-Known Member

lyric
    laurel
    linden
    lapis
    lilah

lalo
    leith
    lennox
    loki

9. ssb2e

ssb2e Well-Known Member

I have a friend named Lylian and I think that's such a pretty name.

Lacy
    Laney

Liam
    Landon

10. sghaley

sghaley Well-Known Member

I like Lily and Logan. For a boy, I also like Lydon. And for a girl I also like Layla.

11. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

for boys; Landon, Landry, Lane, Langley, which could be for a girl too, Leander, LOVE the name Leander, Lincoln, Lyndon and for girls; Lara, Lauren, Laurel, Loralie, Leola, Lolita, Lucinda, Lucy, Louisa, Lorena

12. PinkDiamonds

Thanks every1! Showed my hubby this page and now he wants me to compile all of them.

Will update on what we've shortlisted!

13. WaterGuzzler

WaterGuzzler Well-Known Member

Another name I just recently saw--Leikin (pronounced LIKE-in). It was a girl but I don't know what gender it would usually encompass.

14. twingma

twingma Well-Known Member

Like the name Lachlan for a boy.

Londyn for a girl

15. jewels707

jewels707 Well-Known Member

I don't know how "unique" you want to go but if I had a girl I was determined to name her Lotus. And though it doesn't start with L the boy name I would have liked to go with it is Taj. Kind of an India theme I guess (which is also a name I really like). I ended up with two boys and my hubby didn't like Taj. Other unique names I really like are Ronin and Atlas. Good luck and congrats!

16. mommaoffour_ohmy

mommaoffour_ohmy Well-Known Member

Well we are naming our b/g twins Lilly & Logan... sooo... those may not be the most unique but I LOVE them, hints why we choose them, plus my Grandmothers name was Lily

17. sullivanre

sullivanre Well-Known Member

My daughter is Lena--pronounced Lee-nuh. We named her Lena because Lena Horne died right before our daughter was born, and we both liked the name.

I also like the name Lorna. I like L names for girls in general--never really thought about any L names for boys.

18. Christene

Christene Member

I love the name Liev (like Liev Schrieber the actor, pronounced lee-ev) for a boy, but my husband won't go for it. Good luck!

19. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Laikin (pronounced Lake in) is one I have heard lately - I also love the name Lane (or Laney)

Larkin
    Larsen
    Legacy
    Leaton
    Leigh
    Leif
    Liberty
    Lindsey
    Lincoln
    Lucy
    Lexington
    Loyd
    Lynk
    Lyric

20. PinkDiamonds

hi all,
    an update:

we've decided on Lucas for our son, but have yet to agree on a name for our girl. thanks every1 for the help so far!

21. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

From PP, I like Lorna, Lennox, and Lexi for a girl to go with Lucas.

I've also seen Love / Lovey.

Linden (as in the tree)