boy / girl matching outfits?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by jennie11, Jul 7, 2011.

1. jennie11

jennie11 New Member

Hi all! New here, and I know there are so many more important things to worry about when expecting twins, but I'm 29 wks with b/g twins, have the nursery and gear pretty much set, and now I'm just looking for fun matching or coordinated outfits for the babies. Looking for blessing outfits specifically, and maybe one or two fun photo shoot outfits for later. Aside from lots of silk-screened onesies, I'm having zero luck looking online! Any favorite sites or stores? Thanks!

1 person likes this.
  2. Tamaralynn

Tamaralynn Well-Known Member

Congrats on your twins! As far as b/g matching outfits, I personally have never seen them, but I honestly have never looked as my twins are boys. You could do one in yellow and one in blue in matching outfits though, like a winnie the pooh or something. Sorry if I wasn't much help.

3. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

I was able to find a few coordinating outfits at Babies R Us. I've seen them at Gymboree too. A lot of things I just did matching colors or themes. For example, in their two-year-old pictures DD wore a blue jean overall dress with a white shirt and DS wore blue jean overalls with a white shirt. It was cute!

4. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I always found it hard to find matching boy/girl clothes. The best thing I found to do was find outfits in matching colors so that they coordinated. Usually I have the best luck finding matching colors and/or prints if I buy both outfits at the same store. Childrens Place, the Gap, sometimes OshKosh, and sometimes Old Navy are good to at least have boy & girl clothes in similar colors.

5. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I did find this website had some adorable matching things for boys & girls, but they are quite pricey.

6. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

Carters, Gymboree

7. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

I always had luck at coordinating outfits at Baby Gap and Old Navy. In fact, I got coordinating hospital/coming home outfits at Baby Gap. As they got older, Children's Place and Gymboree was great for holidays. For their baptismal outfits, we did not intentionally coordinate, but the fabric was the same so they matched in essence.

8. numbers6and7

numbers6and7 Member

If you have a Buy Buy baby near you, go there! they have the CUTEST boy/girl things that match! I was looking in their before I knew what we were having, and remembered thinking this would be my new home if the babies were b/g. Well they are boy/boy so it's even easier LOL, but if you have one there, you will hit the jack pot!

9. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We found a ton at old navy and childrens place. You gotta really look for stuff because they don't advertise it. We got matching preemie stuff from babiesrus.

10. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Target, Children's Place, Old Navy. . .

For more formal stuff, a lot of the online boutique shops have items that coordinate/match. Last summer I got A&R pictures, they were both wearing the same plaid shorts, I hemmed hers higher, they wore similar navy blue shirts.

11. MistyP

MistyP Well-Known Member

chezami.com has cute matching stuff, a bit pricey though. Strausburg children has gorgeous clothes but expensive at well; sometimes you can find good sale stuff though.

Etsy.com has some cute B/G outfits too!

12. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

13. keirin

keirin Well-Known Member

I found matching sailor suits on clearance at Belk's recently! The little boy's outfit had pants and the little girl's was a dress. You can find a lot of gender neutral clothing to match - I recently picked up some onesies with yellow duckies on them, for example. It just requires a bit of shopping around.

14. amymc72

amymc72 Well-Known Member

I have four kids that I try to coordinate/match on a fairly regular basis. We wear lots of Kelly's Kids and Orient Expressed. Everything wears really well and has excellent re-sale value (for eBay, etc.).

15. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

I have girls, but I always noticed a lot of coordinating stuff at the carter's store. These sweaters are sooo cute : Girl Boy

16. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Children's Place. The Gap. Gymboree.

17. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

OMG!! You just reminded me that my girls are still young enough to wear what I want them too and I can coordinate them with the new baby LOL!!!! Thanks for posting this question! Now I am off to check out some of these places!! I had his coming home outfit picked but now I am going to rethink and maybe coordinate the 3 of them for that event too!!! ahhhh a new obsession!! LOL!!

check out Kelly's Kids online too!!! they have some adorable things!!

CONGRATULATIONS on your babies!!

18. jennie11

jennie11 New Member

Thanks everyone for the tips! If my belly will let me hit the mall yet, I'll check out your recommendations.