both babies have RSV

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by bellawillawyatt, Mar 4, 2011.

1. bellawillawyatt

bellawillawyatt Well-Known Member

Momma is worn out. Both babies have RSV, thankfully Willa Grace, my tiny baby doesn't have it as bad as her brother. I took Wyatt to the doctor Tuesday where he tested + for RSV and also has an ear infection. They did a breathing treatment in the office and sent us home with an antibiotic for the ear infection and an inhailer for the RSV. Willa Grace started coughing that night so I took her in yesterday and tested + for RSV but her ears are clear and the doctor said she was the best sounding +RSV he had seen all week. She sounds so pitiful though because her little voice is going.

How long does RSV usually last? Is there a light at the end of the tunnel yet or is that just another train about to run me over?

2. sistersbeall

sistersbeall Well-Known Member

Both of my girls got it last year when they were nine months old. One had RSV and a fever virus and she got admitted to the hospital for dehydration and rsv. She was sick for a solid week, ran fever for five or six days, and was in the hospital for 4 days. Her sister on the other hand never ran a fever and seemed to be much better after about four days of breathing treatments. We kept doing the breathing treatments for well over a week though. It was truly exhausting. Good Luck. They should start feeling better pretty soon (hopefullY).

3. staceyloraine

staceyloraine Well-Known Member

Both mine had it last week along with their sister who is 12 months older. So we had antibiotics for a dbl ear infection for the 18 mo & breathing treatments for all 3 babies. It was crazy but we did get through it. After about 1 wk, that part got better. (i won't get into the stomach bug they caught last weekend!)

4. JoannaD

JoannaD Well-Known Member

:grouphug: For you, Wyatt, and Willa Grace! I hope you all feel better soon!

5. Kludelhoven

Kludelhoven Well-Known Member

My DS had it in January, it lasted about 2 weeks for us but it seemed like he had it a week and then it went away for a couple days and then came back again for another week. I heard the cough can last a few weeks...hope your little ones get better soon, i know how much it sucks!