Book recommendations ?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by hemmymomma, May 29, 2009.

1. hemmymomma

hemmymomma Active Member

I just found out i am having twins and am looking for some good books. For some reason I really can't seem to find many options. This is my 3rd pregnancy so I am very familiar with pregnancy but I want something that is more focused on Twin pregnancy and development. Any suggestions ? Thanks !!

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I liked Twinspiration and also Ann Douglas' Mother of all Pregnancy Books (while not twin focused but very informative and does have a section on twins). I know there are others out there but I never got the chance to read them.

:yahoo: for your twin pregnancy!

3. chicagomama

chicagomama Well-Known Member

Barbara Luke "when you are expecting twins, trips, quads"

and "everything you need to know to enjoy a healthy twin pregnancy" by leiter

(might not have the titles or last name leiter right, just going by memory)

4. korie99

korie99 Well-Known Member

I liked Barbara Luke's book as well, but wanted to pass this link along:

www.talk-about-twins.com

I know she just released a new edition of her book "Double Duty", I haven't read it myself but wanted to pass it along!

5. sonali33

sonali33 Well-Known Member

When I was preg with my twins, I read and liked Twinspiration. I also read Barbara Luke's book, good info but I did think she was bit of an alarmist. She freaked me out a lil bit...

6. mandyfish3

mandyfish3 Well-Known Member

I loved a cute book called "Multiples Manual". Just practical advice on twins!!

Barbara Luke's book was so extreme...it just freaked me out and I dind't like it at all! I tried to treat my pregnancy as a NORMAL pregnancy!

7. buddhababybelly

buddhababybelly Well-Known Member

I bought Barbara Luke's book for reference, in my humble opinion I thought she provided the nitty gritty, things that could happen in a multiple pregnancy. And I used the internet for more reference. Dont just search for twins, search for multiple pregnancy. Ive found this website to be the best source, google, and a REALLY good doctor....

8. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

I think the Barbara Luke book is a good reference for a twin pregnancy and development, but I found it incredibly frightening to read. This is also my third pregnancy and I found that I had to stop reading her book because it made me feel like premature babies and major complications were a given. I have two other kids that I needed to care for so there was no way I could follow her recommendations and it stressed me out quite a bit.

Right now I would say that my favorite book has been Ready or Not Here We Come but I wouldn't call it a reference book. I plan to nurse so I also really like the Karen Gromada book on nursing twins.

9. Angelsamb

Angelsamb Well-Known Member

Mothering Multiples is a good one for nursing...