Bit the tip off a Color Wonder marker

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Snittens, Dec 17, 2006.

1. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I guess mine just aren't ready for coloring yet. I was trying to keep Ainsley busy when she woke from a nap and Bea was still sleeping. So I gave her a Color Wonder and some paper, set her on the floor and told DH to make sure she doesn't put it in her mouth. I wanted to do some laundry while I could. Not five minutes later, he's hollering for me that she ate the marker. [​IMG] Well, she bit the tip off of it and I had to fish it out of her mouth. So, no coloring for us yet. She puts crayons right in the mouth too. Bea's a little better, but not much.

2. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

I guess mine just aren't ready for coloring yet. I was trying to keep Ainsley busy when she woke from a nap and Bea was still sleeping. So I gave her a Color Wonder and some paper, set her on the floor and told DH to make sure she doesn't put it in her mouth. I wanted to do some laundry while I could. Not five minutes later, he's hollering for me that she ate the marker. [​IMG] Well, she bit the tip off of it and I had to fish it out of her mouth. So, no coloring for us yet. She puts crayons right in the mouth too. Bea's a little better, but not much.

3. yvonneinoregon

yvonneinoregon Well-Known Member

Kelly, mine do the same thing. They think they are "eating utensils"! UGH! [​IMG]

I would still let her play/color but just do it totally supervised-like you did.

I only let mine "color" in their boosters. That helps a bit as well to keep things contained.

Eventually, she will quit "eating" them. [​IMG]

4. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

I never really let mine "color" until they were over 2, and that was usually just at a restaurant where they were very well supervised. Before that we did aquadoodles, and magnadoodles. If you aren't comfortable with her "coloring" now, it isn't going to harm her to wait. Mine can both draw and write VERY well for their age!

5. melissao

melissao Well-Known Member

Mine have done that too! At least they're non toxic [​IMG]

6. ruthjulia

ruthjulia Well-Known Member

i've been debating starting to let them color - i think now i'll continue to hold off [​IMG]