Birthday Invitations

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Birchbeer6, Feb 10, 2012.

1. Birchbeer6

Birchbeer6 Well-Known Member

my boy/girl twins will be 4 beginning of April.....I tried to convince them to have a together party like Backyardigans etc....they choose not to, which is fine, she wants "Princess theme" and he wants "Construction Party" {party is at the house) how in the world am i suppossed to send out invitations to family and friends....2 invitations to each person????? any ideas!

2. dtomecko

dtomecko Well-Known Member

I think this is going to be the first year we do two separate themes as well. I haven't thought out all the logistics yet. Can you do a more generic invitation that suits both of them - maybe something made on snapfish or something that incorporates a picture of them dressed up as their theme? Or, (and this might sound ridiculous) you could cut the covers off the princess invitaton and glue it to the backs of the construction party invitation - so the front would be one and the back would be the other?

3. Birchbeer6

Birchbeer6 Well-Known Member

Hmmm that might work... thanks for the ideas.....

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

I would do one generic invite--I love tinyprints.com. Then pull in the themes with everything else. Our 4th last week was Batman/Hello Kitty!

5. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Another reason I don't bother with themes, lol.

6. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

My kids wanted something like this one year and I bought the 8x10 paper that had birthday balloons on it. Then I put clipart photos of the theme on it. So, I had Superheroes and Strawberry shortcake on the page and then I typed in the party invite info. It actually came out really cute.

7. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

So are you doing two separate parties on different days? Or one party with two themes?

If one party with two themes, I would do one invite that somehow combines the themes. I love the idea of one on the back and one on the front, or photoshopping something that is half pink princess and half blue construction - so cute!. But two separate parties should definitely have two invites or I worry people will get confused and miss the info about the second party.