Birthday boys love birthday toys!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MichelleL, Mar 14, 2008.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

[SIZE=14pt]:birthday: WILLIAM!! :birthday: DAVID!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-4 year board - a few requests!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]
    • Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link).
    • Summarize your last year with your little loves!!
    • Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?
    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:sign0016: to the 1-4 board and please visit the First Year Often!![/SIZE]

2. Boni

Boni Well-Known Member

happy birthday

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

[SIZE=36pt]Happy Birthday William and David!!![/SIZE]

:a_smil09: :a_smil09: :a_smil09: :a_smil09: :a_smil09:

4. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Oops, just realized I did this a day early!! :blush:

5. MrsBQ02

MrsBQ02 Well-Known Member

:birthday: WILLIAM!!! :birthday: DAVID!!!!

:a_smil09: Congrats Melissa for making it a year with 3 kiddos under 3!!!!!!!!!! Way to go you super mom!!!!!!!!!! :bow2:

LOL-- ok, well congrats tomorrow!!! :rotflmbo:

6. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

:birthday: :birthday: William and David (tomorrow)!!!!

7. Vero

Vero Well-Known Member

[SIZE=14pt] :birthday: WILLIAM!

:birthday: DAVID![/SIZE]

WISHING YOU GUYS A GREAT DAY!

8. pinguinlvr

pinguinlvr Well-Known Member

:birthday: :birthday: Happy Birthday William & David!!!!!! :birthday: :birthday:

Congrats Melissa on doing such a great job as a Mommy over the past year. It's because of you and everything you do that has made me realize I can survive this!!!!

9. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

:banana: :birthday: [SIZE=18pt]Happy Birthday William and David! [/SIZE] :birthday: :banana:

10. momlissa

momlissa Well-Known Member

Thank you so much, everyone. :D

This year has been the most challenging I've ever experienced, but it has been all worth it!! I made it through, woo hoo!!

I was so fortunate to carry the babies full term and have no complications. They were a great weight and everything could not have gone better.

The first 8 weeks were incredibly difficult, particularly when I was hospitalized with pneumonia at 4 weeks post partum.

Somehow, with the love and support of those close to us, we made it through all of that and somewhere around 8 weeks, it started getting better. By 3 months, we had found a groove and by 4 months, I was feeling like "Ok, I think I can do this." By 6 months, I really started to feel confident and then...I had to go back to work. The transition was and still is very hard for me. I wish there was a way for me to be with my babies every single day, but for now, there isn't. There is never enough time, no day long enough to get done all that is on my to-do list, but I am trying to not stress so much about every little thing. No easy task for this Type A.

Having 3 under 3 has been really hard at times - between all of us, this year has seen 5 hospital stays, 4 CT scans, 1 MRI and more Xrays than I can count and lots of sleepless nights - but I am so thankful that I have my babies. I know I am so blessed.

Here are there before and after pics.

Before

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b7dd0...6100BYuWLZwxZMW

After

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb248/m...500P3080242.jpg

Their big sister's birthday is at the end of April, so we are having one combined birthday party then. It will be at Pump It Up. Looking forward to it!!

11. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Melissa, in the newborn pic, is it William on the left and David on the right? I'm fancying that I can tell, but you know I was always wrong in the early months. :D

12. momlissa

momlissa Well-Known Member

Ok, scary!! I had to think about it.

Yes, William on the left, David on the right...

They really did look alike in those early days. :p

Most people, including Steve, can't tell who's who in the newborn pics.

I can because W. was really jaundiced.