birth control

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by hannahshope, Aug 14, 2008.

1. hannahshope

hannahshope Well-Known Member

I'm going in for my 6 week check up on monday and am going to start on some sort of birth control. i haven't had very good experiences in the past with them. they either made me sick, gain weight or moody. i tried the patch, ortho tri, allese and some other new one. i hated all of them. any more suggestions.....i've got to get on something!!! What do you all recommend?

2. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

My OB swears by an IUD...she said she's tried them all and that is her preference! I will have to make that decision in a few weeks...good luck!!

3. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

I got the Mirena IUC after I had the girls and it is Awesome!! So low maintenance, and I have absolutely no side effects. Its definitely worth looking into!

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Kyrstyn @ Aug 14 2008, 06:59 PM) [snapback]930753[/snapback]
    I got the Mirena IUC after I had the girls and it is Awesome!! So low maintenance, and I have absolutely no side effects. Its definitely worth looking into!

Yep, I have the Mirena too and it's great!

5. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I was going to suggest mirena. I would probably have that if I didn't have PCOS. But I do and have to take the pills :rolleyes:

6. hannahshope

hannahshope Well-Known Member

Which birth control pill is the best?? Anyone use the Ring? What do you think about it?

7. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

I know that I would not suggest the withdrawl method! :lol: (You may end up with five kids!)

8. twinmuffin

twinmuffin Well-Known Member

I'm very pleased with Mirena.

9. melissak

melissak Well-Known Member

I have the copper IUD(paraguard) and I really like it. I was on the pill for 12 years prior to being pregnant and I just really wanted to go hormone free. My periods are a LOT more heavy on this IUD but nothing I can't handle. I fee better with no hormones in my body and I swear it is why I'm 10 lbs below my pre-pregnancy weight! I never could loose those last 10 lbs I gained after going on the pill until now. The insertion on the IUD for me was uncomfortable but only during, nothing afterwards. Anyway, I'm happy with it!

10. JensBoys

JensBoys Well-Known Member

QUOTE(hannahshope @ Aug 14 2008, 10:04 PM) [snapback]931023[/snapback]
    Which birth control pill is the best?? Anyone use the Ring? What do you think about it?

I recently (not even a month ago) had a bad reaction to the Nuva Ring. I had a horrible migraine and was dizzy for 7 days straight. When I finally clued in that it could be the ring, I took it out and my symptoms went away within hours. If you are considering this, do A LOT of research. It's considered a third generation birth control, (low dose pills are second generation) and the risk for blood clots is TWICE as high as with low dose pills. Also, when I did research after the fact I found a lot of people had the same symptoms as me as well as some major depression issues (which the ring actually talks about in it's booklet).

Just my 2 cents.

Now I'm back on Alesse and love it.

11. 2betterthan1

2betterthan1 Well-Known Member

I got the paragard IUD and I really like it. However, I did have problems with pain after insertion for like a day, just bad cramps. The first few months my period was a LOT heavier and lasts a LOT longer! Those are my only complaints. But now about 6 months later, it has completely regulated and is not bothering me in the slightest. But I feel like these little problems are nothing compared to safe sex for up to 12 years!!!

Shannon

I got the paragard IUD and I really like it. However, I did have problems with pain after insertion for like a day, just bad cramps. The first few months my period was a LOT heavier and lasts a LOT longer! Those are my only complaints. But now about 6 months later, it has completely regulated and is not bothering me in the slightest. But I feel like these little problems are nothing compared to safe sex for up to 12 years!!!

Shannon

12. jayline

jayline Well-Known Member

never been on any type of birth controljust because i didnt want to deal with the hormones n now im loving my iud paragaurd. i did have bad craping the day of insertion but ive alwasy had cramps during my period so it wasnt ne thing i couldnt handle ....

13. clb8899

clb8899 Well-Known Member

After my girls were born, I got my tubes tied. That's my recommendation!! No more babies are coming out of this body!