Biggest, happiest, best birthday wishes!

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MichelleL, Mar 10, 2008.

1. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

[SIZE=14pt]:birthday: MEARA!! :birthday: ANA!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]Before you leave us for the big world of the 1-4 year board - a few requests!![/SIZE]

[SIZE=12pt]
    • Can you show us a before and after pic? (If you are a rewards member you can attach it otherwise you can provide a link).
    • Summarize your last year with your little loves!!
    • Tell us about your 1st birthday plans? Do you have a theme or something special you are going to do?
    [/SIZE][SIZE=12pt]:sign0016: to the 1-4 board and please visit the First Year Often!![/SIZE]

2. mrsmoon

mrsmoon Well-Known Member

Happy birthday Meara and Ana.

3. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Meara and Ana!!!! Can't believe they are a year old already! Enjoy the day Leighann!

4. idtwinstx

idtwinstx Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday ! :banana: Hope it's a wonderful day!

5. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday Meara and Ana!!! :birthday: :birthday:

From your friends Alyssa and Ashley, if you have any questions we totally have this "turning one" thing down pat!! ;)

Have a great day girls... and mom try to stay sane!!!

6. caba

caba Banned

Are you kidding me????? It's been an ENTIRE YEAR! Where the heck did it go????

I can still remember reading your birth story over on A.I.P and thinking that I wasn't far behind you!

Happiest of happy birthdays to Ana and Meara! You are SO lucky to have them, and they are just as lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

This is such a special day for your girls, but I think even a more special day for you. So celebrate this amazing day, momma! Cause one year ago your life changed in the most of amazing way!

Happy Birthday Girls! And Happy Birth Day Momma!

Lots of Love,
    Erica

7. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

Happy, happy birthday to your little munchkins! I am eagerly awaiting pictures from the party of the century! :D

8. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

happy birthday Meara & Ana :birthday: :birthday: :birthday: How did the party of the century go? I am getting a little sad. Everyone I know is leaving the first year and we are not far behind. :icon_eek:

9. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone! To think that a year ago I didn't know how to change a diaper and now I can wrestle two little girls into diapers in under a minute! This board was my lifeline this year. I learned so much from the wonderful women here and I'm a better momma for it.

The party on Saturday was great! The weather was HORRIBLE (windy and pouring rain), but almost everyone made it and had fun. We set up a play yard with a ton of beach balls and the kids went to town in the 'ball pit.' In the end there were about 15 kids (10 that were 2 and under!) and about 60 adults. The girls did GREAT! They were walking around the place, being passed about and just were totally laid back and happy. I was worried they would get overwhelmed, but they like to be the center of attention so it was fine.

DH surprised me and wore the shirt that he wore in the delivery room that had their tiny foot prints on it. I was nearly in tears seeing that shirt for the first time in a year. We also hung up pictures of the girls over the last year on a clothes line with their tiny clothes next to it. Seeing those little preemie outfits that look too small for a doll and then looking at my big girls who walk now, made me cry too. I'm so happy and sad all at once today. I'm so proud of them and how far they've come this year. Its easy to forget how scared we were one year ago today...

Here are pictures.

A year ago:
    Meara one day old
    Ana one day old

On Saturday:
    Ana at the party
    Meara (and me) at the party
    Cake! Ana on the left, Meara on the right

I'll start posting about my girls on 1-4, but I'll still be here in FY oohhing and ahhhing over all the tiny kiddos and supporting all you FY mommas! :)

10. mseal

mseal Member

Happy Birthday! :birthday: :birthday:
    The pictures are great!

11. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

:birthday: Meara :birthday: Ana. WTG Leighann. I cant wait to see you on 1-4!!

12. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday :birthday:

13. ~ilyse~

~ilyse~ Well-Known Member

Love the pictures! So glad the party was such a big success!!!

14. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Leighann @ Mar 10 2008, 02:53 PM) [snapback]661373[/snapback]
    DH surprised me and wore the shirt that he wore in the delivery room that had their tiny foot prints on it. I was nearly in tears seeing that shirt for the first time in a year.

I had never seen this done but our hospital did this too. We framed DH's shirt after coloring in the feet with a charcoal pencil (so the prints wont fade). I love looking at it everyday.

15. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:a_smil09: :a_smil09:

[SIZE=24pt]Happy Birthday Meara & Ana!!![/SIZE]

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

:wub: Cute pics!! :wub:

16. caba

caba Banned

Unfortunately I can't see the pics from here ... stupid work. And don't bother emailing me at gmail, can't get there from work either! But I'll look when I get home tonight ... I'm dying to see the pics!

And that clothesline idea is BRILLIANT! I read your post, and immediately called Eric and was like "I'm stealing Leighann's idea from the girl's birthday party! I'm doing a clothesline!"

Is it too early to set up Jake and one of your girls? Looking at the first b-day parties we both planned, it would be a h*ll of a wedding!!

Erica

17. Jordari

Jordari Well-Known Member

Happy Birthday, M & A!
    The party sounds delightful and the pics are beautiful. (and - how did you manage to keep their hands off those cakes for even a nanosecond??

Those beautiful little girls are very fortunate to have such a loving, wise, funny and sane mother! Dad sounds pretty good too!

It is ASTONISHING how quickly the year passed, isn't it? We'll be joining you in 1-4 in, gulp, NINE days.
    NOOOoooooooooo!!!!!

18. laurajrad

laurajrad Well-Known Member

:birthday: Meara :birthday: Ana
    What beautiful girls!

19. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

:yahoo: [SIZE=18pt]Happy Birthday[/SIZE][SIZE=18pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=18pt]Ana [/SIZE][SIZE=18pt]and [/SIZE][SIZE=18pt]Meara[/SIZE][SIZE=18pt]! :banana:

:birthday: :birthday: :birthday: :birthday:
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14pt]Loved your pictures Leighann!
    They are so cute, and awesome cakes!
    Loved the idea with the cheerios.
    [/SIZE]

20. Raneysmama

Raneysmama Well-Known Member

Happy birthday, girls!! They're so cute! I wish we would have done the footprints on the T-shirt thing. What a cool idea.

21. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

The pictures were awesome Leighann!! I loved the story of dh wearing the t-shirt...gave me goosebumps. And what an AWESOME idea to use the clothes. I saved a few and may do that in the future for my girls' party. It sounds like you had an awesome time!! :Clap:

22. becky5

becky5 Guest

:birthday: Meara! :birthday: Ana!

:hug99: s Leighann!

23. mar66rus2

mar66rus2 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(caba @ Mar 10 2008, 02:00 PM) [snapback]661265[/snapback]
    Are you kidding me????? It's been an ENTIRE YEAR! Where the heck did it go????

I can still remember reading your birth story over on A.I.P and thinking that I wasn't far behind you!

Happiest of happy birthdays to Ana and Meara! You are SO lucky to have them, and they are just as lucky to have such a wonderful mom.

This is such a special day for your girls, but I think even a more special day for you. So celebrate this amazing day, momma! Cause one year ago your life changed in the most of amazing way!

Happy Birthday Girls! And Happy Birth Day Momma!

Lots of Love,
    Erica

Same here!! I cannot believe that is has been a year already! You were the first of many over at A.I.P. I still remember the thread for it.

Happy Birthday Meara and Ana!!!

April