Bigger Twin B

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by VivGuest, Sep 2, 2008.

1. VivGuest

VivGuest Well-Known Member

My dr has always told me that if baby A is head down we'd do a vag delivery. At my last visit she said that since baby B is looking bigger than baby A, and B is breech she recommends a c-sec, because she doesn't like to do a breech extraction with a bigger baby B. Any else have a bigger B baby? How did your delivery go?

TIA!

2. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

My baby B was estimated 6lbs15oz at 34 weeks and my baby A was estimated 6lbs1oz. They already thought that the estimate on B was probably a little bit on the high side, but my doctor has always said that as long as baby B isn't estimated to be more than 2lbs heavier than A she would go ahead with a breech extraction (I had a vaginal birth of a 9lbs+ size baby before). In the end, baby B was born by breech extraction 4 minutes after his sister and he was actually 1 oz lighter than his sister (7lbs11oz and 7lbs10oz). A vaginal delivery with breech extraction is very doable as long as your doctor has experience, which is unfortunately not always the case these days.

3. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

Deven was B and he was bigger by over a pound. He was breech and in first position so I had a c-section.

4. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

my baby B was bigger by almost a pound and a half but she was head down. we did vag for both & everything went fine.

5. artemis

artemis Well-Known Member

My doctor has told me the same thing. She's fine with me having a vaginal delivery if A is vertex, regardless of whether B is breech or not. The only exception would be if B is breech and a lot bigger than A. It would end up being more complicated and could end up in an emergency c/s, so she feels in that situation a scheduled c/s puts baby B at lower risk.

6. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

Yes. On ultrasound B looked to be about 6 or 7 oz larger if not more.

I wanted a c section anyway but she could have done vaginal if I wanted her to.. I wasn't taking any risks cuz he was all over the place.

When they were born, A turned out to be 4 oz LARGER than B! Ultrasound was off!!