Big Sister Program

Discussion in 'General' started by FirstTimeMom814, May 15, 2007.

1. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

Twinstuff is now offering a Big Sister mentoring program. As a "little sister", you will be assigned to an experienced twin mom eager to help you by providing support, guidance, knowledgeable advice and friendship. You can contact her with your gripes, fears, burning questions, or just to chat. If you're interested in getting connected with your own Big Sister that will be there through your pregnancy and beyond, send Bex a Private Message (also known as a PM). We hope that you take advantage of this awesome program.

TS Big Sister/Little Sister Q&A

Q.How can I sign up to be matched with a Big Sister?
    A.If you would like to sign up to be matched please send a PM to Bex.

Q.What do we offer?
    A.Personalized advice, support and friendship. Someone to be there for you through the ups and downs of twin pregnancy and beyond, someone who's been there and can help guide you and lend a compassionate and understanding ear.

Q.How is support given?
    A.All communication is handled through the Twinstuff Private Messaging System. Big Sisters are asked to contact their Little Sisters at least every other week. We expect the same of Little Sisters. You can, of course, have as much contact as you want.

Q. Who is eligble to sign up to be a Little Sister?
    A. Our program is currently serving Expecting Moms, First Year Moms and 1-5 Moms.

Q.How long does the Big Sister/Little Sister relationship last?
    A. As long as needed/wanted.

Q.I'd like to volunteer to be a Big Sister, what are your requirements?
    A.We are currently looking for volunteers. We require you to have been a member of TS for at least 6 months and have 100 posts. If you fit the criteria and are interested in volunteering, please contact Bex.

2. ORRussian

ORRussian New Member

Amazing!!

3. team_double.trouble

team_double.trouble Well-Known Member

if i have a big sister, am i eligable to get the password for the protected big sister forum?

4. twinstuff-old

twinstuff-old Well-Known Member

QUOTE(3girls_4mummy @ May 22 2007, 03:09 AM) [snapback]264078[/snapback]
    if i have a big sister, am i eligable to get the password for the protected big sister forum?

No, it's just for people running the program, not the individuals who are particpating as members and being offered a big sister.

5. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

QUOTE(FirstTimeMom814 @ May 15 2007, 04:30 PM) [snapback]256363[/snapback]
    Q.I'd like to volunteer to be a Big Sister, what are your requirements?
    A.We are currently looking for volunteers who's twins are older than 3. We also require you to have been a member of TS for at least 6 months. If you fit the criteria and are interested in volunteering, please contact Trish (FirstTimeMom814).

<_< too bad mine are only two.

6. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

I would love to be a Little Sister... How do I go about signing up? I am expecting twins. My 40 Week due date is 11/22/07. Thanks!

7. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(Stephanie1074 @ May 31 2007, 12:17 PM) [snapback]274613[/snapback]
    I would love to be a Little Sister... How do I go about signing up? I am expecting twins. My 40 Week due date is 11/22/07. Thanks!

Stephanie, I will send you a Private Message.

8. yeytheirtwins91907

yeytheirtwins91907 Well-Known Member

I believe this is a wonderful program but my only qusetion is how do you match people up?

9. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(yeytheirtwins91907 @ Jun 6 2007, 06:03 PM) [snapback]282434[/snapback]
    I believe this is a wonderful program but my only qusetion is how do you match people up?

We use the responses to the questionnaire that we send to the Little Sisters in order to find a suitable match.

10. eandelander

eandelander Well-Known Member

Is this still open for enlistment lol

11. FirstTimeMom814

Cari,

I just sent you an e-mail. I don't think your PMs are going through!

12. Lookee

Lookee Member

Hi,
    Every time I click on Trish (FirstTimeMom814) I get an error message that says "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available." I am logged in. Do you have to be a paying member to belong to the BS group? I would like to get a mentor/big sister if I could. Thanks so much for your help.

13. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(Lookee @ Aug 4 2007, 07:41 PM) [snapback]358075[/snapback]
    Hi,
    Every time I click on Trish (FirstTimeMom814) I get an error message that says "Sorry, but you do not have permission to use this feature. If you are not logged in, you may do so using the form below if available." I am logged in. Do you have to be a paying member to belong to the BS group? I would like to get a mentor/big sister if I could. Thanks so much for your help.

I'm going to send you a Private Message.

14. bradynathansmom

bradynathansmom Active Member

I would love to be a big sister...but my dudes are only 2 1/2...is that close enough???

15. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(bradynathansmom @ Aug 6 2007, 12:49 PM) [snapback]359949[/snapback]
    I would love to be a big sister...but my dudes are only 2 1/2...is that close enough???

Kim, I will send you a Private Message.

16. kdoleva

kdoleva Well-Known Member

Trish,

I apologize, I know we are supposed to send you a PM but I am not sure how to do that...

I would like to be a Little Sister!

Thanks.

17. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(trouble squared @ Aug 8 2007, 08:51 AM) [snapback]361887[/snapback]
    Trish,

I apologize, I know we are supposed to send you a PM but I am not sure how to do that...

I would like to be a Little Sister!

Thanks.

I'm going to send you a Private Message. To view and send messages click on the new messages indicator at the top right of the page or you can click on My Controls at the top.

18. kbsparks

kbsparks Member

I tried to send you PM but i got an error message from my browser so I'm not sure you received it. Anyway, I would love to be matched with a big sister.

Thanks,
    Kelly

19. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(KellyS @ Aug 9 2007, 11:20 AM) [snapback]362882[/snapback]
    I tried to send you PM but i got an error message from my browser so I'm not sure you received it. Anyway, I would love to be matched with a big sister.

Thanks,
    Kelly

Kelly I will send you a PM

20. blueeyez553

blueeyez553 Well-Known Member

this program sounds wonderful..i need a big sister..im a 1st time mommy pregnant with twins!!! how can i be matched up with a big sister?

21. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(Babies On The Way @ Aug 17 2007, 11:11 AM) [snapback]371766[/snapback]
    this program sounds wonderful..i need a big sister..im a 1st time mommy pregnant with twins!!! how can i be matched up with a big sister?

I have responded to your PM. Thanks!

22. april mcdaniel

april mcdaniel Well-Known Member

Is this program still available. I have tried sending a message to you but it just says there is an error. Iam logged in?????

thanks

april

23. kristy horner

kristy horner Well-Known Member

I would love to have a TS Bis Sis too.....pretty please! ;)

24. jmantia84

jmantia84 Well-Known Member

I've heard a lot about this...how DO you get matched up with a Big Sister??

Jessie

[​IMG]

25. Things1an2

Things1an2 Member

hello, i would LOVE to be matched with a big sister. i am expecting girl/boy twins later this year. thank you in advance.

dishonne

26. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

QUOTE(myeggoispreggowithtwo @ Aug 3 2008, 11:35 PM) [snapback]911925[/snapback]
    I've heard a lot about this...how DO you get matched up with a Big Sister??

Jessie

[​IMG]

QUOTE(Things1an2 @ Aug 16 2008, 05:50 PM) [snapback]933479[/snapback]
    hello, i would LOVE to be matched with a big sister. i am expecting girl/boy twins later this year. thank you in advance.

dishonne

To be matched up with a big sister you need to send FirstTimeMom814 or becky5 a PM.

I have a link in my signature for more info about the program.

27. beillaboo

beillaboo Well-Known Member

I sent a PM on the 27th of september but did't get a reply and the tracker is showing it wasn't read?

28. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(twinswithangel @ Oct 1 2008, 03:49 PM) [snapback]1007168[/snapback]
    I sent a PM on the 27th of september but did't get a reply and the tracker is showing it wasn't read?

Yes, we are working on it now. Sometimes the tracker isn't accurate.

29. vyckie72

vyckie72 Well-Known Member

I would love to be matched up with a big sister.

30. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(vyckie72 @ Oct 11 2008, 05:06 PM) [snapback]1022249[/snapback]
    I would love to be matched up with a big sister.

I've sent you a Private Message.

31. lareesab

lareesab Well-Known Member

I would like to be a Little Sister! My ID twin boys are 2 and I just found twinstuff, how do you become one? :itwins_boys:

[​IMG]
    Born at 35 weeks
    Chandler Wyatt 4lbs. 14oz.
    Walker Zane 4lbs. 3oz.

32. Jovellins

Jovellins Active Member

Hi Trish,
    I posted a PM a couple of days ago but I don't think it went through as it hasn't shown up on my sent messages.
    I am first time mum-to-be at 14 weeks pg - I just discovered the site and find it really useful and reassuring. I would love to be a Little Sister. What should I do?
    love Jo

33. FirstTimeMom814

QUOTE(JoannaT @ Jun 25 2009, 08:43 AM) [snapback]1368107[/snapback]
    Hi Trish,
    I posted a PM a couple of days ago but I don't think it went through as it hasn't shown up on my sent messages.
    I am first time mum-to-be at 14 weeks pg - I just discovered the site and find it really useful and reassuring. I would love to be a Little Sister. What should I do?
    love Jo

Jo, I just replied to your PM. Sent messages won't show in your sent box unless you check the "Save to sent Messages" before you click send.

34. rhc0607

rhc0607 Well-Known Member

Hi Trish,

I sent you a PM a couple of days ago about being a Little Sister and was just making sure that you received the message!

Thanks!

35. FirstTimeMom814

Holly,

I've been a little backlogged, but I've just replied this afternoon. Thanks for your patience.