Big oops

Discussion in 'General' started by mama_dragon, Feb 4, 2015.

1. mama_dragon

mama_dragon Well-Known Member

The boys birthday party is planned for Feb. 7th.  I wrote out all the invites.  Handed them to teacher.  Heard back from two parents.  One couldn't make it and the other could.  So today I asked a friend who I also gave an invite to....  she said this Saturday no the invite said Mar. 7th. 

Yep that's right I wrote the wrong date on ALL the invites.  And I can't change the date at the facility.  If I did it would be a real mess because I would have to change the time.  So this morning I typed a letter and emailed the teacher.  I ran the letter over to the school at lunch and she will hand deliver it to all the parents.  What a mess. 

I even shed a few tears over such a dumb mistake this morning.  At least I figured it out today.  It could have been worse.

UGH!!!  I thought the twin mommy brain was over and done with after infancy.  Guess not.  It didn't help that I was filling out the invites at midnight on little sleep from the night before. 

2. mama_dragon

Thankfully the kids who said they can make it will still be able to make it on Sat.  And their mom is also a single parent so she was very understanding.

3. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hopefully the letter you are sending home will gain you a few more guests :) 
    I'm sorry that happened, totally something I would do.

1 person likes this.
  4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Oh jeez.. honest mistake! I could totally see myself doing the same thing. Hopefully it will be a great birthday party no matter what. And mommy brain, no that never goes away it seems.

5. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

I once spelled my own kid's name wrong on his birthday party invites!   :laughing:    Stuff happens. 

6. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

Oh jeez, it happens. But that sucks so much. I'm sure it will work out well though!

7. mama_dragon

I am going to hopefully be borrowing a line from Ma on Little House on the Prairie "All's well that ends well" on Saturday.  There will be 4 kids going so far.  And a maybe for 4 more.  As long as a few show up I am calling it good this time around. 

I have about 3 people in my office who have volunteered to proof read the birthday invites next year!! 

Thanks for listening to my vent.  I still cannot believe I made that huge of a mistake.  No idea what I was thinking.  I felt better after my friend told me she went around for a year telling everyone the wrong birthday for her baby boy.  It will work out one way or another.  If nothing else at least it will all be over on Saturday!

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug:  It happens.  I could see me doing this as well.  I hope the kids have a good time at their birthday!

9. mama_dragon

So looks like the almost disastrous birthday party will turn out just fine.  11 kids will be there tomorrow 13 if I count my two.  With a possible 2 more if they get done with their game in time. 

Now I just need to get the cupcakes baked.

10. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Very nice :). I am glad all is well - mistakes happen. Have fun tomorrow and Happy Birthday to your boys!