Big Kid Bed

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Aurie, Jun 14, 2009.

?

Where are yours sleeping and what age are they?

1. crib, 12-15 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. bed, 12-15 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. crib, 15-18 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. bed, 15-18 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. crib, 18-21 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. bed, 18-21 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. crib, 21-24 months

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  8. bed, 21-24 months

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

We are getting ready to move and I really don't want to take the crib with us. My girls are about to turn 2. I think I had my older kids out of cribs by the age of 2, but I can't remember. It seems like my singletons were much easier to deal with at bed time then my twinkies. I am getting a bit freaked out at the possibility of putting them into a big kid bed and then they never go to bed without a fight again :(

2. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Mine are still in their cribs, we have planned to keep them there until they are two or if they start climbing out beforehand. I know we have two Mommas in the second year who did the transition with their twins rather successfully.
    Good luck on what you decide to do!

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Mine are still in their cribs. Our oldest DS stayed in his crib until he was 3.5 - he never tried to climb out and just loved it in there. So, we'll keep these two in their cribs as long as possible, too.

Good luck on your move! :)

4. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Ours are in a crib at 19 months and I'd like to keep them there until they are climbing out or some time after 2. We have a lot of changes coming after 2 years of age, so I want to space that out from the other things going on.

5. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

We easily did the transition about 2/3 weeks ago when the boys were 20 months (just turned 21 m. today so that's how I voted). It was really great at night time, a little more challenging at nap and just a few weeks into it, they are doing great at nap now. They love their beds and tend to play in them while I'm folding laundry or doing anything upstairs instead of playing with their toys.

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

My girls are 20 months old and still in their cribs. I plan on keeping it that way as long as possible, and if that means I have to get crib tents, so be it. I am in no hurry whatsoever for my girls to be in big girl beds, and have that kind of freedom.

7. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I moved DD to a bed at 26 months because she was climbing out of her crib. Despite my pleas for her to stay in. :lol: Seriously, I gave her a stern talk to stay in her crib and it did work for a month. :lol: We moved DS to a bed 4 months before he turned 3.

8. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My girls are 2y3m and are still in cribs. They will probably stay in their cribs until we potty train them later this summer. I'm not looking forward to the transition AT.ALL.

9. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My girls are 20 months and in beds. We transitioned them at 18 months b/c they were jumping out of the crib and we couldn't find any crib tents locally. Plus, crib tents were almost the same price as their toddler beds. It has been a very easy transition for us, in fact, they sleep better now b/c they can get in bed together. But if you aren't comfortable putting your twins in beds then it is not going to hurt anything to leave them in cribs! The only reason I switched mine is b/c it was dangerous for them to jump out of the cribs. If cribs are working for you I think I'd stick with what works!

10. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We're moving too and I'm not taking my cribs with us. They'll be around 2, give or take a month when we move. . .

11. Aurie

Aurie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies. I knew it must be doable as I am pretty darn sure my singletons were in beds by now. It is just making me nervous. I already found someone to purchase the crib when we leave. So I guess, I just need to deal ;)