Best place to buy nap mats?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by schmoopie, Aug 23, 2007.

1. schmoopie

schmoopie Well-Known Member

We are starting a two day a week preschool, and we need to buy nap mats. I have sort of found the Kindermats, but Abby turned her nose up straight away at them. I want to find something a little more appealing to her.

Just wondering if anyone has seen them somewhere? I found a few online, but would love to just go buy them at a store somewhere!

Thanks! :)

2. duranjt

duranjt Well-Known Member

I've never really seen any at a store, but I love the ones from Lillian Vernon....
    Also, they're pretty easy to make if you're handy at all...buy the "pre-quilted" fabric from someplace like Joann's (I think 2 yards works) then some blanket binding and a travel pillow. Cover the travel pillow with a coordinating fabric, bind the edges with the blanket binding, then attach the pillow with some cute ribbon. If you need more "detailed" directions, feel free to pm or email me ([email protected])
    Good luck!!
    :) Nicole

3. I actually have a friend who makes some. She has sold a few in a store here in our town. If you wanted I could give you here email address? I dont have any pics of them but they are adorable. They are like little sleeping bags but they are the size of little people. Has a built in pillow on it as well.

4. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I would check at the obvious spots, have you checked BRU and TRU? I am thinking some pre-school sounds really good!!

Great to see you online again!! FINALLY!!!

5. erinmichelleb

erinmichelleb Well-Known Member

Ickybaby makes some cute ones - expensive but cute!

6. schmoopie

Hee hee... expensive is definitely what I am trying to avoid! LOL!

7. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

Hi Stef,
    Nice to see you again! :)
    Do you mean just plain foam mats? Have you asked the preschool where most of the parents buy them? That's what I'd do, anyway.

8. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

QUOTE(aviatorswife @ Aug 23 2007, 07:36 AM) [snapback]376674[/snapback]
    Ickybaby makes some cute ones - expensive but cute!

I love these sets! They are great for traveling too. I have a friend that works for this company and she tries to keep me in the loop when they have their end of season tent sales at the warehouse, which is where you usually get really good deals. My babies were also hired to help with sizing for some of their past season clothing lines.

http://www.dreamalittledreamwithme.com/product/ib-32.html

9. schmoopie

They look so cute! Too bad the price is a killer! I don't think I can swing that times 2!! LOL!

10. mommyto3girls

mommyto3girls Well-Known Member

I found some cute ones at Ollie's Bargain Outlet. They were kind of like a little sleeping bag with attached pillow. I wasn't looking for them but they jumped out at me. My girls have their Pre-K orientation on Monday so I don't know if they need those yet.

11. erinmichelleb

erinmichelleb Well-Known Member

QUOTE(schmoopie @ Aug 23 2007, 12:06 PM) [snapback]376996[/snapback]
    They look so cute! Too bad the price is a killer! I don't think I can swing that times 2!! LOL!

Don't forget Ebay! That's where I'll get mine. :)

12. Fay

Fay Well-Known Member

in Hawaii I saw tons of nap mats with really great Aloha prints on them! about $10. I wonder if you could find something like that online?

13. schmoopie

QUOTE(aviatorswife @ Aug 23 2007, 12:44 PM) [snapback]377060[/snapback]
    Don't forget Ebay! That's where I'll get mine. :)

I LOVE ebay! I have been looking there... but I was surprised to find many of them to be very expensive plus pretty steep shipping. I found a couple I wanted SO badly... very, very cute!!!

I am going to run out to Wal-Mart and check the camping section - someone told me they have the little sleeping bag types there.....

It is SO hard not to buy the super cute pricey ones.... I am having to STEP AWAY FROM THE COMPUTER!!! LOL!